Boise State offers both automatic scholarships and scholarships that require an additional application. Automatic scholarships include the Treasure Scholarship—if you meet the qualifications and deadlines, you’re guaranteed an award. Other scholarships may require additional application materials.
At Boise State, international students from 65 countries work with respected faculty, enjoy a nearly unlimited choice of student organizations, and have the tools to develop into global citizens. Be sure to read all requirements carefully to ensure you’ve satisfied the requirements and deadlines for any scholarships.
The Center for Global Education offers the Global Excellence and Global Distinction Scholarships for new incoming undergraduate international students. Both scholarships are available for undergraduate first-year and transfer applicants. Both scholarships are also renewable for up to four years (eight semesters) of study at Boise State.
- The Global Excellence Scholarship is worth up to $16,920 per academic year.
- The Global Distinction Scholarship is worth up to $8,460 per academic year.
In order to be eligible for a Global Scholarship award, students must:
- Be first-time Boise State University undergraduate degree-seeking students.
- Have an unweighted cumulative GPA of 3.00 (Global Distinction Scholarship) or 3.50 (Global Excellence Scholarship).
- Study in an eligible major. Radiology, Pre-Radiology, and self-supported online programs are not eligible for these awards.
- Submit your admissions application, all required admissions materials, and the Global Scholarship application to International Admissions by the posted deadline.
- Students who have already earned a Treasure Scholarship are not eligible to be considered for the Global Excellence Scholarship.
In addition to academic achievement, Global Scholarship recipients typically demonstrate ambitious academic or professional goals, a commitment to positively impacting the Boise State community, and the ability to overcome adversity.Eligible Regions: Open for All
Applicants must apply for the scholarship through the web-based application portal
Application Deadline: October 15, 2021Application ClosedOfficial link