Applications are now open for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships 2021. A Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship is a unique opportunity to study for a two-year Master’s degree in low or middle-income countries of the Commonwealth.
Aimed at students who are committed to creating change in their communities, the scholarships are a life-changing opportunity to experience a new country and culture, to broaden horizons, and to build a global network that will last a lifetime.
Through cultural exchange and academic collaboration, Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholars help bring about positive change and find solutions to the shared challenges we face – both in their home countries and those that host them. As an active part of the Commonwealth network, scholars will help shape its future.
The following universities will be hosting a QECS award:
- IBMBB, University of Colombo
- University of Sri Jayewardenepura
- The University of the South Pacific
- Fiji National University
- University of Johannesburg
- Rhodes University
- University of Stellenbosch
- University of Venda
- North-West University
- Tshwane University of Technology
- University of Pretoria
- Papua New Guinea University of Technology
- University of Namibia
Award recipients receive:
- Fully-funded tuition fees
- Living expenses allowance (stipend) for the duration of the award
- Return economy flights to their host country
- An arrival allowance
- Research support grant – on request only; subject to approval
- To apply you must be a citizen of (or hold refugee status in) a Commonwealth country other than the country hosting the award.
- You must have completed an undergraduate degree at a 2:1 equivalent level
- Applicants must apply for a QECS award in a country other than their home country/country of citizenship.
- There is no upper age limit to be eligible for a QECS Award.
- Please note, universities may have their own specific eligibility requirements for admissions
Make sure that you have the following documentation to upload to your application:
- High school certificate
- Undergraduate transcript (and graduation certificate)
- Two references – preferably academic
- Scan of passport or national ID card
- Proof of English language ability if English is not your first language
Applications will be closed at 4:00 (UTC +1) on 9 July 2020 – please read the FAQs while completing your application.
Application Deadline: July 9, 2020Application ClosedOfficial link