The John Kinghorn Scholarship is available to applicants applying to study a Masters degree taught in the Engineering Department at Sussex. While three scholarships are available, one of these scholarships is reserved for a female applicant, in order to encourage participation of women in STEM subjects. This scholarship is available to applicants holding an offer to study a Masters degree in Engineering.
The Widening Participation team at Sussex supports learners who are under-represented in higher education. They can help students make informed choices about their future. The University of Sussex has been ranked third in the UK for sustainable institutions and 55th in the world for overall sustainability performance. They are also ranked 35th in the world for environmental impact, according to the 2023 QS Sustainability Report.
Their strategic goal is for the University of Sussex to be one of the most sustainable universities in the world. They aspire to show global leadership in demonstrating and promoting all forms of environmental, social and economic sustainability at a local, regional, national and international level. Sustainability considerations are also embedded in many of their strategies and policies from across our University.
The University of Sussex, one of the most renowned institutions in the world, rose to prominence due to the high quality of its education and the university’s financial support in the form of fellowships and scholarships. The John Kinghorn Scholarship in Engineering is one of the initiatives undertaken by the University of Sussex to assist students in their higher education. The scholarship is primarily for students pursuing science, technology, mathematics, and engineering degrees. The University of Sussex provides scholarships for domestic and international students. The degree is awarded solely on merit and is only available at the University of Sussex. The scholarship is given to students once a year and is not renewable.
Only three students can receive the John Kinghorn Scholarship in Engineering, with one seat reserved for a female student.
- Students will get a tuition fee reduction and an amount of £10,000.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, you must have been offered and accepted a full time place on an Engineering degree commencing in September 2023.
The eligible courses are:
- 5G Mobile Communications and Intelligent Embedded Systems MSc
- 5G Mobile Communications and Intelligent Embedded Systems (with an industrial placement year) MSc
- Advanced Electronic and Electrical Engineering MSc
- Advanced Mechanical Engineering MSc
- Engineering Business Management MSc
- Robotics and Autonomous Systems MSc
- Robotics and Autonomous Systems (with a Masters industrial placement) MSc
- Robotics and Autonomous Systems (with an industrial placement year) MSc
Eligible Regions: South Asian countries, European countries, the United States, United Kingdom
- To be considered for the scholarship, you will need to submit a personal statement. The statement will be assessed on the following:
- academic interests relating to your chosen degree
- future career plans related to your chosen field of study
- your entrepreneurial spirit and aspirations
- Please complete the scholarship application form online.
Application Deadline: May 1, 2023 (86 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link