With its development-oriented postgraduate study programmes, the DAAD promotes the training of specialists from development and newly industrialized countries. Well-trained local experts, who are networked with international partners, play an important part in the sustainable development of their countries. They are the best guarantee for a better future with less poverty, more education and health for all. The scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialized countries from all disciplines and with at least two years’ professional experience the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 861 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family
- Graduates with at least two years’ professional experience from the eligible countries;
- A candidate must have a 4 years bachelor’s degree of equivalent if applying for a master’s degree program;
- A candidate must have a master’s degree or equivalent if applying for a doctoral degree program;
- A candidate must have 2 years of professional experience;
- An international student residing in Germany for more than 15 years is not eligible to apply.
All the interested candidates should apply directly to the scholarship via the official website.
Click on the Application Procedure on the official website for complete the application process.
You don’t have to apply directly to the university.
A candidate has to apply for one post-graduate program. (maximum for 3 courses).
- Personal Motivational Letter;
- Letter of Recommendation;
- Experience letter or Employment letter;
- English Language Proficiency;
- Certified Copies of the Academic Degrees;
- Certified Copies of the Academic Transcripts.
The application deadline depends on the program that is selected to study. You can find all deadlines on this link: https://static.daad.de/media/daad_de/pdfs_nicht_barrierefrei/in-deutschland-studieren-forschen-lehren/epos-bewerbungsdeadlines_2023-24.pdf
Apply nowOfficial link