Applications are open for Development-Related Postgraduate Courses (EPOS) • DAAD!
From among a large number of postgraduate courses offered by German institutions of higher education, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) supports a carefully chosen selection of programs of particular interest to junior executives from developing countries. These degree courses, which consist of one to two years of concentrated study, provide young, academically-trained professionals in leading positions from developing countries with the opportunity to engage in postgraduate education and training in their particular field or profession.
With its development-oriented postgraduate study programs, the DAAD promotes the training of specialists from development and newly industrialised countries. Well-trained local experts, who are networked with international partners, play an important part in the sustainable development of their countries. They are the best guarantee for a better future with less poverty, more education and health for all. The scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialised countries from all disciplines and with at least two years’ professional experience the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognised German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
At present, postgraduate courses for the academic year 2019/2020 are offered in the following fields:
- Economic Sciences/ Business Administration/ Political Economics
- Development Cooperation
- Engineering and Related Sciences
- Regional and Urban Planning
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Natural and Environmental Sciences
- Medicine and Public Health
- Social Sciences, Education and Law
- Media Studies
The courses are open to all eligible candidates. Applications are welcomed from professionals with personal financial resources, from those who are funded by their government or company, or from those who are recipients of financial support from international sponsoring organizations. In addition, a limited number of full DAAD scholarships are available. The DAAD only awards these scholarships for postgraduate courses supported in this funding program. The scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialised countries from all disciplines and with at least two years’ professional experience the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognised German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 861 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates.
- Payments towards health, accident, and personal liability insurance cover.
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.
- Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy.
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of the family.
- Candidates fulfill the necessary academic requirements and can be expected to successfully complete a study program in Germany (above-average result for first academic exam – top performance third, language skills)
- Candidates have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) in an appropriate subject
- Candidates have at least two years of professional experience
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship
Applications have only to be sent to the respective course directly! Please refer to the respective websites for the application procedure (e.g. online application), for the application deadline and the documents to be submitted.
- Step 1: You send your complete application(s) directly to the according postgraduate course.
- Step 2: A selection committee suggests potential candidates for a DAAD scholarship.
- Step 3: The suggested candidates will be contacted by DAAD to upload their complete application to the DAAD Portal.
- Step 4: The selection process will be finalized, and the suggested candidates will be informed accordingly.
Make sure that you have a copy of each document of your application ready, as those documents (as PDF files) have to be uploaded to the DAAD Portal in case you are suggested for a DAAD scholarship!
- Apply online using the apply now link.
Application Deadline: August 31, 2021Application ClosedOfficial link