The High Commission of India, Dhaka is delighted to announce that the Indian Institute of Science Bangalore has started online registration for admission for international students for Undergraduate, Masters, and Ph.D. Programs in Science and Engineering.
Sound exposure of all students to the fundamentals of scientific, mathematical, and engineering principles takes place in the first 3 semesters (1.5 years). The teaching of these core courses includes strong components of laboratory demonstration and hands-on experimental work. After the first 3 semesters, the students opt for a specialization (Major). The specializations on offer are Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, Materials and Earth & Environmental Science.
The students also do a research project in the area of their specialization in the final two semesters of the course.
The Bachelor of Science (Research) program is identified as a uniquely research-based one after one full year of participation in a research project. Such research-based interdisciplinary undergraduate programmes are well suited to meet the present vocational and post-graduate requirements of the modern world.
Students completing all the requirements for the award of the Bachelor of Science (Research) degree have the option of getting a Master of Science degree by studying at IISc for the fifth year.
- There is no application fee
- All admitted students will receive a scholarship/stipend from the Institute (as per norms)- Except for the MMgt Program
- Hostel accommodation is provided within the campus
- All International Candidates who are foreign Nationals holding a foreign passport are eligible to apply.
- Candidates who hold non-Indian passports, but are Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) Cardholders, will be treated as foreign nationals for IISc admissions under the following two categories:
- Category-1: OCI students who have obtained their degree/domiciled in India. The definition of domiciled in India is pertaining to a qualifying degree (for UG admissions, it is 10+2 or equivalent) obtained from India. These Category-1 students will apply through the regular admission portal.
- Category-2:OCI students with a foreign degree/domiciled in a foreign location. The students should have qualifying degrees (for UG admissions, it is 10+2 or equivalent) obtained from a foreign location. They will apply through the current international student admission portal. All admission rules that are prevalent for international students will be applicable to Category-2 students.
- Candidates, who have completed their II PUC / 12th Standard (or equivalent) between 2015 to 2020 and those, who are expecting to complete their II PUC / 12th Standard (or equivalent) in 2021 are eligible to apply. The candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects during their II PUC / 12th (or equivalent) Standard. Candidates, who have studied Biology, Statistics, Electronics, Computer Science, etc., in addition to Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are also eligible to apply. The candidates must have secured a first-class or 60% or equivalent grade in the II PUC / 12th (or equivalent) Standard examination.
Apply online through the given link.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2021 (19 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link