Applications are open for The Investing In Equality Scholarship by Leigh-Anne Pinnock 2022! Apply now!
One Young World partners with 190+ global businesses, NGOs and educational institutions. Leading companies from every sector make One Young World an integral part of their global talent development, retention and attraction. Companies increasing their level of involvement each year demonstrate their ever-growing commitment to young people.
We live in a world where people face barriers to education, employment opportunities, access to health care and justice based on the colour of their skin. These injustices and systemic forms of oppression are not confined to the past. They occupy our present social, economic and political systems today. 2020 marked a significant turning point in global awareness and action towards addressing inequality and the racial injustice that remains deeply rooted in our societies. The senseless murders of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor and countless others across the globe sparked an uprising of Black Lives Matter marches, drawing millions of demonstrators worldwide. The protests attracted the attention of the global media and world leaders, putting topics such as police brutality, systemic racism and bigotry firmly on the table. The time for measurable, effective and long lasting solutions is now.
The Investing in Equality Scholarship has been established in collaboration with Leigh-Anne Pinnock and The Black Fund to recognise and scale the work of young leaders who have demonstrated impact in dismantling racial injustice through creative expression and scalable activism. Two Scholarship places to attend the One Young World 2022 Summit in Tokyo will be awarded to young leaders within the black community who are:
- Looking to break into or establish a career in the dance, music or other creative industries, using their platform to fight racism in their chosen sector.
- Activists campaigning against racial injustice.
Successful Applicants will receive:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo, Japan.
- Hotel accommodation during the Summit
- Travel to and from Tokyo (economy)
- All meals covered (includes breakfast, lunch and dinner on conference days)
- Transport between Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Summit hand-outs and support materials
- An exclusive pre-Summit meet up with Leigh-Anne to share more about your work and devise solutions to scale your impact
Selection and Eligibility Criteria:
- Aged 18 – 30*
- Living and making a positive impact in the United Kingdom.
- Sound understanding of injustices facing black, Asian and ethnic minority people, and;
- A focused and strategic approach to dismantling racial injustice through creative expression or scalable activism.
*Most delegates are between the age of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage. They are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the Summit.Eligible Regions: United Kingdom
To apply for the scholarship please click on Apply Now link.
Application Deadline: November 19, 2021Application ClosedOfficial link