The Minto Scholarship has been established with a bequest from the estate of Mr Brian Dickinson for the purpose of promoting postgraduate research in economics at the University of Edinburgh.
A scholarship is available for the 2020-2021 academic year to applicants who are residents of Australia, Canada, New Zealand and Scandinavia.
The University of Edinburgh is the sixth oldest university in the English-speaking world and one of Scotland’s ancient universities. The university has five main campuses in the city of Edinburgh, with many of the buildings in the historic Old Town belonging to the university. Also, the university played an important role in leading Edinburgh to its reputation as a chief intellectual centre. That was during the Age of Enlightenment and helped give the city the nickname of the Athens of the North. Additionally, the 2020 QS World University Rankings has ranked University of Edinburgh 20th in the world. The U.S. News’ Best Global Universities Ranking ranked it as the 6th best university in Europe and 7th best in Europe by the Times Higher Education Ranking.
- The scholarship provides approximately 18,000 pounds per year plus tuition fees.
- It is awarded for four years, subject to satisfactory progress.
- Additionally, in return, students will provide teaching assistance of around 120 hours in the first year, 180 hours in the second year, and 240 hours in the third and fourth year.
The candidates must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the fully funded scholarships in the UK at the University of Edinburgh:
- The applicants must be residents of Australia, Canada, New Zealand or Scandinavia.
- Also, the candidates must possess a distinction grade MSc in Economics from a UK University, or an equivalent overseas qualification.
- Additionally, the applicants will receive the scholarship solely on the basis of academic merit.
- Furthermore, the administrators will judge the applications on academic merit, research statement, and fit with the research interests of the School of Economics.
Interested candidates are advised to contact the School of Economics Postgraduate Office in the first instance via [email protected] further information and application guidance.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2020Application ClosedOfficial link