The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program is a 10-year, $500 million global initiative to educate and develop next generation leaders who will contribute to social and economic transformation. The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) targets academically qualified, yet economically disadvantaged young people in South Africa, SADC and the rest of Africa, who will contribute to the transformation of the continent. Community service is a necessary component of the Program with all students giving back to disadvantaged communities.
The Program provides a comprehensive scholarship, mentoring and counseling, academic support and access to work readiness skills.
- Full tuition fees
- Accommodation in a UP residence
- Books and printed material
- A modest monthly stipend
- Medical aid (Ingwe only)
- Travel costs (one return trip for the duration of the study period)
- Cost of one visa application for the duration of the study period
- Candidates should be citizens from Sub-Saharan African country.
- Applicants should come from economically disadvantaged backgrounds and demonstrate financial neediness.
- Candidates should demonstrate leadership potential and ought to be involved in a giving back project eg. in a community, at school, church etc
- Academic excellence is paramount and students have to maintain a high academic average at all times.
- Candidates need to be first time applicants as first year students in the degree programme.
- Scholarship are for those students who have applied for and been admitted to one of the following undergraduate/Master’s degree study programmes at the UniversityFaculty of EngineeringBEng (Industrial Engineering)
BEng (Chemical Engineering)
BEng (Civil Engineering)
BEng (Electrical Engineering)
BEng (Electronic Engineering)
BEng (Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering)
BEng (Mining Engineering)
BEng (Computer Engineering)
Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
BCom (Accounting Science)
BCom (Financial Science)
BCom (Agribusiness Management)
Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
BScAgric (Food Science and Technology)
BScAgric (Agricultural Economics/Agribusiness Management)
BScAgric (Animal Science)
BScAgric (Plant Pathology)
BScAgric (Applied Plant and Soil Sciences)
Apply online at www.up.ac.za/apply. Alternatively, you can submit a hard copy of your application form. For more information, dial +27 (0)12 420 4297/6621 or send an email to [email protected] for undergraduates and [email protected] for postgraduates enquiries.
After your application has been submitted, it will be evaluated by members of the relevant faculty. The faculty will inform you whether you have been admitted.
Once you have been admitted, please contact [email protected] to commence the process to apply for The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program immediately.
Successful MasterCard Foundation Scholars should have a passport to enable them to apply for a visa promptly.
Download the hard copy of the undergraduate or postgraduate application form below.
Submit your MCFSP application from to [email protected] for undergraduates and [email protected] for postgraduates together with ALL supporting documents as stated on the first page of the application form
Application Deadline: September 15, 2017Application ClosedOfficial link