Excellent Non-EU/EEA students enrolling in a Leiden University master’s degree programme and students from all nationalities enrolling in a Master of Law Advanced Programme or a Master in Cyber Security or International Relations & Diplomacy.
- The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship program has three awards:
- € 10.000 of the tuition fee
- € 15.000 of the tuition fee
- Total tuition fee minus the statutory tuition fee
- The number and type of award of the scholarship depend on the budget available for each Faculty department. The type of award has no reflection on the students’ academic level of excellence.
- Please be aware that the LExS is not a full scholarship.
- In his or her prior academic education abroad, the applicant must have achieved excellent study results which are relevant for the programme for which the student wishes to enrol. As an indication, the student will be among the top 10% for the relevant programme followed abroad. We do not need proof of this, it is just to indicate the competitiveness of the scholarship
- Scholarships will not be awarded to applicants who have already obtained a Leiden University master’s degree with the exception of students applying for a Master programme for which a specified previous Master programme or work experience is mandatory (the LLM advanced masters qualify as such)
- Students who are granted a LExS must comply with and confirm in writing their agreement with the Rules and Regulations attached to the scholarship prior to the granting of the scholarship
- More details you will have on their website
- Fill in your online application for admission to Leiden University
- Upload all required documents.
- Indicate clearly that you would like to apply for the LExS scholarship on the scholarship page. Please note that if you apply for more than one master’s programme, you have to indicate that you apply for the LExS scholarship for all these programmes seperately
- Upload your letter of motivation for the LExS scholarship on the scholarship page (see instruction under Letter of motivation for LExS below)
- Submit your online application
- Pay the application fee of € 100
- The selection committee of the relevant faculty will review the applications. Students are selected on the basis of academic merit
- All LExS applicants will be informed by the scholarship department of Student Educational Affairs about the outcome of the selection procedure
Application Deadline: October 1, 2017Application ClosedOfficial link