The Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (KNB) Scholarship is financial assistance offered by the Indonesian Government to International students coming from developing countries to pursue their master’s degree in Indonesian Universities.
The scholarship is offered to potential students from developing countries to earn their Master’s Degree at one of 16 prominent universities in Indonesia. The Program objectives are as follows:
- To contribute in the human resource development in the developing countries
- To promote deeper cultural understanding among developing countries
- To strengthen the relationship and cooperation among developing countries
- Indonesian Language Training Program: A one academic year Indonesian Language (Bahasa) course is compulsory for all KNB students as all courses required to complete the Master’s program (lecture and thesis) will be conducted in Bahasa. The Bahasa course will be provided by each University.
- Preparatory program: Preparatory program prior to the KNB Master program will be arranged in accordance with the conditions and program guidelines in each university.
- Academic Program Maximum of 4 semesters for the postgraduate program (Master Degree) and a maximum of 8 semesters for the undergraduate program (Bachelor Degree). In order to successfully complete the program, it is important for all KNB students to consistently produce good academic progress by developing a can do attitude, stay focus, punctual, and discipline.
Duties of the scholars:
- Comply with the Indonesian laws and regulations, university’s regulations, and other associated regulations;
- Build a good rapport with KNB scholarship management and respect the norms and values in the society in which the KNB students spend their time during the program.
- Actively engage in periodic advisement sessions and other academic-related activities all through the program to support the KNB students’ efforts to successfully complete their study;
- Be punctual and focus to pass all courses offered in their program to better the academic outcome. The KNB Scholarship Management and each university will conduct a periodic assessment on each KNB student’s academic performance to evaluate their eligibility to continue the program.
The selected candidates will be provided with the following benefits:
- A Settlement Allowance of IDR 1,000,000 will be given to new students upon their arrival in Indonesia;
- While taking the Indonesian language course and preparatory programs, the new students will only receive a Living Allowance of IDR 2,550,000 per month;
- During the Master Program, the KNB students will receive a scheme of monthly allowance
- A health insurance with a maximum of IDR 200,000 monthly premium
- A round-trip international airfare (economy class) from the international airport of the student’s home countries to Indonesia, including local transport to the host university.
The applicants are required to meet the following eligibility requirements.
- The maximum age to apply for the scholarship is 35 years old
- Applicant must hold a bachelor degree (master degree holder is not eligible to apply)
- Applicant must have a TOEFL or IELTS score of 80 or 6.0
- Must be able to maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be nominated by the Indonesian Embassy
Apply online through the given link. The following documents will be required.
- Recommendation letter from the Indonesian Embassy in the respective country
- Nomination letter from the respective government official (Ministry of Education, other related Government Agency – should the applicant works for the Government Agency, or Embassy of the Applicant’s Country of Origin in Indonesia)
- 2 Academic Recommendation letters
- Scanned passport (personal data page only) or birth certificate
- Scanned bachelor certificate and academic transcripts (in English)
- Scanned TOEFL score certificate (or other English Proficiency Tests) obtained within the last 2 Years
- Scanned Official Medical Statement (Official Diagnose) prepared by a certified physician.
Application Deadline: April 20, 2020 (13 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link