The KAAD scholarships are addressed to post-graduates and to academics who already gained professional experience and who are interested in postgraduate studies (or research stays) in Germany.
There is no specific subject-preference but there is a certain leaning towards “development oriented” studies or studies that will be of significance for the home country of the applicant.
- Junior scientist and post-graduates, who work on PhD or Habilitation and plan a scientific stay in Germany (full PhD studies and master programs are also possible, if not viable in the home country)
- Scientists and lecturers for short scientific stays (up to six months) in Germany
- Scientific research stays for students in master programs (up to one semester)
- Students who want to acquire a master’s degree or a PhD at a German university or do a post-doctoral research project (2-6 months for established university lecturers) at a German university
- are a candidate from a country in Middle-, East and Southeast-Europe, from a Caucasian Country or Central Asia
- have good German language skills
- are Catholic Christian (or general belong to a Christian denomination). Candidates from other religions can apply if they are proposed by Catholic partners and can prove their commitment to inter-religious dialogue.
- Above-average performance in studies and research
- The orientation of your studies or research towards permanent reintegration in your home region (otherwise the scholarship is turned into a loan)
- Religious and social commitment (activities) and willingness to inter-religious dialogue
nterested people need to apply online and fill in the online questionnaire.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2020Application ClosedOfficial link