The International Sustainability Academy (ISA) is a 9-month program, where 12 Young Professionals come together in Hamburg in order to find solutions for the greatest challenges of the planet earth. They are united in the deep conviction that They will make an important contribution to achieving the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
ISA is a project of the Schutzgemeinschaft Deutscher Wald Lv. Hamburg e.V. (SDW) [The Protective Association for the German Forest] and is located in Hamburg in the WÄLDERHAUS. The goal is to support and strengthen international cooperation in the implementation of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Available resources and network structures of the SDW can and should be used effectively. In this way, the Academy creates the link between work at the local level and international exchange. In the first instance the planned project goals should be new solutions in climate protection.
The scholarship is sponsored by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and is aimed at interested parties in emerging countries and economies on the Development Assistance Committee (DAC) list. The Schutzgemeinschaft Deutscher Wald Landesverband Hamburg e.V. (SDW), as a NUN-certified education center for sustainable development (BNE), heads the ISA which is responsible for the scholarship-holders. The program will be sponsored initially until the end of 2022. Four courses are planned as of September 2019 to December 2022.
ISA covers the following cost:
- € 1,300 per month expenses (includes own research and as applicable, excursions and internships)
- Health insurance
- accommodation (private, furnished flat-share room (ca. 12m²) with shared bathroom and kitchen)
- the return flight (Economy Class (max. three stopovers, flight from the home country airport) (airport transfer in the home country may be granted under justified circumstances)
- airport transfer in Hamburg with a public transport
- season ticket for the use of public transport in Hamburg
- costs of group excursions
- BMZ sponsorship regulations apply
- Applicants must come from countries or regions on the DAC list
- Evidence of English skills of at least B1 or better
- Evidence of university degree and/or relevant professional experience
- Applicants must already be working on a project or research in their home country, ideally on the theme of climate protection which they can further consolidate in Germany. It is important that the benefits to the home country can be seen
- The project must be attributable to one or more Sustainable Development Goals (SDG ́s)
- You must apply for a visa at the Germany Embassy in your home country
- There is no age limit for applicants.
- Selection is based on the following requirements and the dimensions deduced from them:
- INTELLECTUAL ABILITIES – Specialist qualification – general education/ open-mindedness and interest/ creativity;
- VALUE ORIENTATION / RESPONSIBILITY – standpoint and tolerance – independent thinking
- GENERAL environment policy commitment – volunteer activities taking into account own artistic or scientific performance
- PERSONALITY – motivation – potential – personal presentation – social competence
Apply through the given link.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2020Application ClosedOfficial link