The new “CCP Focus” Scholarship in Germany is open to applicants from the MENA region, Central, South and Southeast Asia. Participants of this scholarship share a common thematic and professional focus. This is 2019: Civic education. For the first time in 2019, interested persons can apply exclusively to pre-defined job offers. The stay in Germany is 2-3 months.
To get more exciting opportunities like this, at your fingertips, install the Youth Opportunities Mobile App here from your cellphone.
In 2019, the focus will be on civic education. The new scholarship is therefore explicitly aimed at those applicants who deal with this topic professionally in the narrower or broader sense.
Civic education plays an important role in the development of an active civil society. It fosters the capacities of citizens, both youth and adults, to better understand societal and political circumstances, in order to engage actively in their society.
Furthermore, digital tools play an increasing and essential role in our daily life. They create new ways of interaction at high speed, which also affects the field of civic education. Therefore, two of the fellowships concentrate on digital aspects of civic education.
ifa (Institut für Auslandsbeziehungen) is Germany’s oldest intermediary organization for international cultural relations, having celebrated its centenary in 2017. It promotes peaceful and enriching coexistence between people and cultures worldwide. Its programmes pursue five core themes: Cultural Exchange, Dialogue of Civil Societies, Migration & Culture, Culture & Conflict, and Europe. ifa supports artistic and cultural exchange in an exhibition, dialogue, and conference programmes, and it acts as a center of excellence for international cultural relations. It is part of a global network and relies on sustainable, long-term partnerships.
The ifa is supported by the Federal Foreign Office of the Federal Republic of Germany, the state of Baden-Württemberg and its capital Stuttgart.
- Support in the preparation of the professional fellowship
- A monthly grant of 550 Euro
- Accommodation in Germany (single or shared apartment)
- Coverage of health insurance during the stay in Germany
- The assumption of travel expenses and visa fees
- Supporting programme e.g. networking events, participation in workshops
- Young professionals and long-term volunteers with at least two years of professional experience are eligible to apply for CCP.
- Long-Term involvement in an organization or institution within the country of residency is assumed.
- Applicants must be aged between 23 and 45 years.
- All candidates applying must be citizens of the above-mentioned countries or should have been granted permanent residence of one of those countries.
- Moreover, the applicant must be in a good physical condition – physical as well as mental working capacity for a long stay abroad.
- A good command of English is expected from all fellows.
- Knowledge of German is not mandatory but considered a plus.
- For German applicants knowledge of the lingua franca in the host country is welcomed (French, Arabic).
- Applications by enrolled students cannot be considered.
They strongly recommend applying via desktop computers. Applications submitted via smartphones or tablets without attachments will not be considered. Please prepare the following mandatory documents before starting the application process:
- Letter of motivation (Please use this template)
- Letter of recommendation (Please use this template)
- Curriculum vitae
- Portrait photo (optional)
Supporting documents (copies of diplomas, evidence of experience, etc.) may be requested at a later stage in the competition.
To get more exciting opportunities like this, at your fingertips, install the Youth Opportunities Mobile App here from your cellphone
Make sure that you have all documents ready in advance, as the application portal does not allow you to save incomplete applications and/or resume them at a later date. Please note that only complete applications including the above documents will be considered.
Application Deadline: February 28, 2019Application ClosedOfficial link