Darmasiswa is a one-year non-degree scholarship program offered by the Indonesian government to all foreign students from countries that have diplomatic relationship with Indonesia to study the Indonesian language, arts, and culture. Participants can choose to study in one of the selected universities in different cities. The program is organized by the Indonesian Ministry of Education and Culture (MoEC) in Cooperation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA).
The main purpose of the Darmasiswa program is to promote and increase interest in the language and culture of Indonesia among youth from other countries. The program is also designed to enhance mutual understanding and provide stronger cultural ties among different countries.
Unismuh Makassar has been trusted to hold Darmasiswa Program since 2006. It’s been for eleven years. The development of Studying Bahasa Indonesia and Culture for International students evaluated year by year. Unismuh staffs are really committed with Darmasiswa Program. Unismuh Makassar considers that Darmasiswa Program brings the university into International Level. Hence, Unismuh Makassar is completing all supporting elements for studying and interacting with the International students.
For the academic year, 2018 – 2019, the Government of the Republic of Indonesia once more invites the foreign students to participate in the Darmasiswa Scholarship at several universities in Indonesia. The program will commence in September 2018. Detailed information concerning the scholarship and the necessary forms can be linked at the official website.
- Settlement allowance given during orientation
- Accommodation during orientation in Jakarta
- Domestic transportation from Jakarta to host university
- Monthly allowance of Rp 2,950,000
- Participants are advised to bring either cash money or an international credit card to meet incidental expenditures during their stay in Indonesia.
Each student has to fulfill these requirements as the follows:
- Preferably Student
- Completed secondary education or its equivalent
- Minimum age 17 years and Not older than 35 years of age
- Able to communicate in English and additional Bahasa Indonesia, Proven by English Language Proficiency Certificate : TOEFL/TOEIC/IELTS or OTHER CERTIFICATE if applicable (Language certificate is not a mandatory)
- In good health as proven by Medical Certificate (medical checkup result)
- Passport size photo
- Have basic knowledge of the field you’re applying
- Online registration– 18 December 2017 until 18 February 2018
- Interview at related KBRI/KJRI – 19 February 2018 until 9 March 2018
- Selection by the University (online) – 12 March 2018 until 24 March 2018
- Final announcement – 16 April 2018
- Joining Darmasiswa confirmation – 16 April until 16 May 2018
- Flight itinerary confirmation – 16 April until 1 August 2018
- Estimated arrival and orientation at Indonesia – 30 until 31 August 2018
PROCEDURE TO APPLY:
- Prospective students are required to register at the Embassy/Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia in their country of origin. Students who are not in the student’s home country is not allowed to be registered through the Indonesian Embassy/Consulate General in the participating countries.Choose Universitas Muhammadiyah Makassar (UNISMUH) as the university you intend to study in.
- Curriculum vitae/resume
- Medical certificate
- A valid passport
- Recommendation Letter From Education Institution / Professional Institution on official letterhead and signature (in English)
- Last academic transcript and certificates (in English)
- Language certificate (if applicable)
- Other certificates that related to the field you’re applying (if applicable)
- Writing essay about purpose of study (in english or bahasa Indonesia maximum 500 words)
Application Deadline: February 18, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link