Funding for Master’s students with strong research skills who plan to pursue a doctorate. The Humboldt Research Track funding line is designed to support outstanding Master’s students from Humboldt-Universität who plan to pursue a doctorate. Graduates from other universities may also be funded if they pursue a doctorate at Humboldt-Universität. The program offers to fund for the transition phase between the end of a Master’s program and the beginning of a doctorate. Requirements for funding are excellent academic results and an original, high-quality proposal of the doctoral project. Applications may already be submitted during the Master’s studies, but funding can only start after graduation. The scholarship helps recipients to focus on the preparation of their doctorate.
The Humboldt Research Track Scholarships are awarded four times a year. Application periods are –
- 1 April to 15 May for funding starting 1 August
- 1 June to 15 July for funding starting 1 October
- 1 September to 15 October for funding starting 1 February
- 1 December to 15 January for funding starting 1 April.
Scholarships can only be started once you have received your final degree results and must commence by the start of the next funding cycle.
- Funding of 800 EUR per month is awarded for up to six months.
- Scholarship holders with children receive an additional 400 EUR a month for the first child, plus 100 EUR for each additional child.
- In exceptional cases, funding can be extended for up to an additional six months
- Outstanding Master’s students as well as graduates who plan to pursue their doctorate at Humboldt-Universität or – if graduated from Humboldt-Universität – at another university in Germany or abroad. To enable more prospective doctoral candidates with disabilities or chronic illnesses to prepare for a doctorate, applications from this target group will be given particular consideration.
- Excellent academic results or an excellent degree and an original, high-quality proposal of the doctoral project.
Applications can be submitted via the online application portal only. Applications must include the following documents:
- Completed online application form,
- Curriculum vitae (max. 2 pages),
- Sketch of your research proposal (max. 2.250 characters),
- Certificates of your academic degrees, including certified translations and/or, if applicable, transcripts (of grades) for courses attended,
- Letter of recommendation from your Master thesis supervisor or from one of the instructors from your Master’s program,
- Expert review of the proposal of your doctoral project by the mentor at Humboldt-Universität you wish to work with during the funding period.
- Please note that all application documents must be submitted in German or English.
- Applicants must upload their CV, certificates and/or transcripts using the online application form.
- The letter of recommendation and expert review may not be written by the same person.
- A Selection Committee consisting of professors, post-docs and doctoral candidates from various disciplines determines the allocation of scholarships based on the guideline.
Application Deadline: July 15, 2021 (24 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link