The scholarship is designed to help to provide opportunities for talented, motivated overseas students to study Japanese acupuncture and moxibustion therapy in order to lead the promotion of the therapy overseas and thus contribute to the improvement of healthcare throughout the world.
- Complete waiver of tuition fees over a 3-year period
- Living allowances while in Japan, according to the economic situation in the student’s home country
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have received 12 years of school education in a foreign country. If the applicant is a graduate from secondary education period of 10 years or 11 years, must be a student who has completed the institution designated as “preparatory curriculum”.
- It is necessary to satisfy one of the following conditions.
- Being a person who passed N1 or N2 of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test conducted by the Japan International Education Society and the Japan Foundation.
- Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Education [Japanese (reading comprehension, comprehension of listening comprehension and listening comprehension)] must be over 200 points.
- (Japanese) The institution of Japanese Language Institution that has been certified by the Japanese Language Education Promotion Association and announced by the Minister of Justice and has received Japanese language education for more than 6 months.
- Be a primary school, junior high school, junior high school, junior college or university in Japan who has received a minimum of one year of education.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old at the time of enrollment
- Applicants are required to have completed 12 years of education in their home country, or a “preparatory education curriculum” at a designated institution in the case of graduating from primary and secondary education after 10 or 11 years to the period of the education system in their home country.
- Applicants must satisfy at least one of the following conditions:
- Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT): N1 or N2
- Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (EJU): a total score of at least 200 in Japanese (reading-, listening-, and reading & listening comprehension)
- At least 6 Japanese language education at a Japanese language institution accredited by the Association for the Promotion of Japanese Language Education and certified by the Minister of Justice
- At least 1 element of education at a Japanese elementary school, junior high school, high school, junior college or university
Application Deadline: March 15, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link