The GREAT Scholarships programme is funded jointly by the UK Government’s GREAT Britain campaign and British Council, as part of the Study UK campaign. The programme offers a total of 99 postgraduate scholarships from 36 UK universities, across a variety of subjects.
Looking for fully-funded opportunities, install the Youth Opportunities Mobile App here.
If you are a citizen of China, India, Malaysia, Indonesia, Turkey or Thailand, who is dreaming of studying for a postgraduate degree in the UK, but need help funding your studies – the GREAT Scholarships 2020 programme could be for you.
Each scholarship is worth a minimum of £10,000, equivalent of one year’s tuition of a postgraduate (taught) degree.
- be a citizen of one of the programme’s countries: China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia,Thailand and Turkey.
- have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to enter a postgraduate (taught) programme in a UK university
- be motivated and academically able to follow a UK postgraduate course
- active in the field with work experience or proven interest in the subject area
- meet the English language requirement of the UK university
- be willing to embody the UK Higher Education experience, by attending lectures and tutorials and engaging with extra-curricular activities, and act as an ambassador for UK Higher Education, by promoting the value of studying at a UK HEI
- be willing to establish an engagement with the UK as a scholar, through personal and academic fulfilment
- Represent the high standards of the GREAT brand by becoming an advocate for scholarships
- be willing to attend a networking event of all UK-based GREAT scholars, to discuss experiences and capture perceptions of studying in the UK
Simply go on the relevant page for your country of residence below, where you will find a list of participating universities. Then, click onto the university pages in order to get more information on the particular scholarship on offer, and the application process.
PLEASE NOTE: The application deadline for GREAT Scholarships 2020 varies according to each institution. Please check the website of the relevant institutions to meet the deadline.
Apply nowOfficial link