Applications for Goethe Talents Scholarship 2023 are open now!
The Goethe Talents Scholarship is a 12-day program to support and connect young, aspiring musical artists including singer-songwriters and composers. The scholarship is a cooperation between the Goethe-Institut and »Pop-Kultur« and will be taking place for the eighth time in 2023.
The programme offers a variety of activities to experience the “music city” Berlin before the actual Festival: Studio visits, intensive jam sessions, short traineeships in selected companies from Berlin’s creative industries, listening sessions and meetings with scholarship holders of the Musicboard Berlin GmbH, as well as many other activities. Highlights of the promotion and exchange programme are the participation in »Pop-Kultur Nachwuchs«, the official talent programme of the festival, intensive Studio collaborations of all Goethe Talents 2023 participants and of course experiencing the full programme of »Pop-Kultur« Live.
The Goethe-Institut is the cultural institute of the Federal Republic of Germany that operates worldwide. The Goethe-Institut promote cultural exchange, education and social discourse in an international context and supports the teaching and learning of the German language.
For more than seventy years the Goethe-Institut has been facilitating international cultural exchange, promoting access to the German language and supporting the free development of culture and science.
As the globally active cultural institute of the Federal Republic of Germany, the Goethe-Institutare is committed to understanding Germany, Europe and the world. The framework agreement with the Federal Foreign Office forms the basis for this. The Goethe-Institut provides information worldwide about the cultural and social diversity of Germany and Europe. 158 Goethe-Instituts in 98 countries, together with numerous partner institutions, from the global network. The Federal Foreign Office supports the work institutionally. As a registered association, the Goethe-Institutact on their own responsibility is not tied to political parties and is legally independent. The Goethe-Institut generates around a third of the budget itself through revenue from language courses and exams. The Goethe-Institutare is also supported by the European Union, other federal ministries, foundations and companies in Germany and abroad.
- The participation fee will be covered by the Goethe-Institut.
- The accommodation and hospitality (per diem) for the period of August 24th to September 4th, 2023 will be covered by the Goethe-Institut.
- Goethe-Institut will also book and pay for flights.
- Goethe-Institut will help with visa issues.
- Musicboard Berlin will give a free Festival Ticket plus access to Pop-Kultur’s networking area for professionals to all talents.
- Musicboard Berlin will organize accommodation (breakfast included) within Berlin.
- Musicboard Berlin will cover health insurance within Berlin.
- Musicboard Berlin will cover public transportation within Berlin.
- The opportunity of networking across borders.
- A chance to perform on the Nachwuchs-Stage on one of the evenings of the Pop-Kultur Live program.
- Applicant’s age must be between 20 and 30 years.
- Must be from the Global South, North Africa, West- and Central- Asia.
- Must have advanced English skills (B2 minimum!).
- Work experience in the field of music(proof of at least 3 projects).
- Motivated to exchange and engage in working with a diverse group in the field of music production and performance.
- All participants will have to prepare a short input talk (of approx. 15 min.) in advance about their experience in the music field thus far and about the music scene in their respective countries.
- Applicants must have to register for the program via the online form available at the apply link.
Application Deadline: April 3, 2023 (13 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link