Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology in South Korea welcomes skilled and talented students, researchers, and technical individuals to pursue their MS, Ph.D., and MS leading to Ph.D. under the GIST Scholarship 2023. The GIST scholarship for international students in Korea provides them with a bright chance to create a strong research base for further development of science and technology. Moreover, the best scholarship in South Korea’s top universities provides opportunities for students to work and promote collaborative foreign and domestic research programs in the industrial sector as well as in academia.
The GIST scholars are equipped with world-class knowledge and skills regarding science and technology through research-oriented projects and courses. Furthermore, GIST’s fully-funded scholarship is a project of the university with the South Korean Ministry of Science and Technology. The ministry provides full financial support to the students of GIST in order to promote scientific technologists and encourage them toward more innovations. For this, the university offers students multiple fields of study related to science, technology, and research. The GIST university courses include Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Material Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Earth Science and Environmental Engineering, Life Science, Physics and Photon Science, Chemistry and Biomedical Science, Nanobio Materials and Electronics, Integrated Technology, and Artificial Intelligence.
GIST was established by Korean Government in 1993 and since then the institute has been home to world-class researchers and scientists. Moreover, the top-notch lecturers of Korean institutes come from GIST. GIST has proved itself as the first national university in Korea which has adopted an innovative educational system based on a comprehensive and foundational science curriculum. Moreover, GIST is the first Korean university that has made a thesis quality certification mandatory thing. That is why the institute is ranked 1st in the number of citations of professors in South Korea for 14 consecutive years and also the GIST is ranked 4th in QS World University Ranking.
- Tuition fully supported: 3,415,000 won per semester (All students)
- Student allowance: 140,000 won per month for M.S. students, 295,000 won per month for Ph.D. students(All International Students who completed at least 9 credits in the previous semester)
- Meal allowance: nearly 100,000 won per month(All International Students who completed at least 9 credits in the previous semester)
- Research Assistantship 5,461,249 won per year for M.S. and 12,513,688 won per year for Ph.D. students who participate in research projects
- 60% of National Health Insurance is supported and Annual medical checkups (All International Students)
- Reimbursement for a one-way flight to Korea for first-time (All Incoming International Students)
- Applicants hold or expect to hold a final degree before enrollment at GIST (Spring Semester: by 1st week of January/Fall Semester: by 1st week of July)
- Official Degree and Transcript
- Two letters of recommendation
- The minimum English Requirements: TOEFL score (80 for IBT, 550 for PBT), 6.5 for IELTS, 750 for TOEIC, and 285 for New TEPS.
Eligible Regions: Open for All except South Korea
- The application must be done online through https://service.gist.ac.kr/admission/graduate/foreigner
- Complete all relevant sections of the Online Application form and upload all required documents directly to the application.
- When the admission coordinator completes checking the application and documents, they will send a confirmation email within 10 days.
Application Deadline: April 14, 2023 (19 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link