Power Roll Ltd is a technology development company based in the North East of England. It is developing an innovative thin-film photovoltaic (PV) technology that is based on a 3D patterned substrate suitable for high throughput roll-to-roll (R2R) manufacturing. As part of its scale-up development, it is looking to develop R2R deposition of Perovskite into its patented architecture. PRL technology has been demonstrated at +10% using spin-coated perovskite into its flexible mini-module platform but is now in the process of scaling all process parameters to R2R.
The project will be located within SPECIFIC as part of Professor Trystan Watson’s research group. SPECIFIC is a National Innovation and Knowledge Centre led by Swansea University, working collaboratively with Universities across the UK. SPECIFIC has significant capability and expertise across its team and facilities. Capabilities at SPECIFIC relate to the printing, coating, and lifetime testing of functional materials and the development of enabling technologies that support the transition from the laboratory bench to the factory floor.
The SPECIFIC PV scale-up and stability research activity is currently carried out at Swansea University’s new Bay Campus facility and is housed in purpose-built facilities which include a new stability testing and cleanroom printing facility.
Apply for the scholarship now!
The scholarship covers the full cost of UK/EU tuition fees, plus a stipend of £20,000 p.a. for a period of four years.
- The University welcomes applications from candidates with an Engineering or
- Physical Sciences degree (minimum level 2:1) or a combination of degree and equivalent experience to the same level.
- Additionally, the University would expect candidates to have met the
- University’s English Language requirements (e.g. IELTS 6.5 overall with 5.5+ in each component) by point of application. Furthermore, more details on the
- University’s English Language entry requirements is available on the official website.
- Due to funding restrictions, this scholarship is open to UK/EU candidates only.
Your application will be delayed if you do not submit the relevant supporting documents with your application form:
- Certificates and transcripts.
- If your qualification is pending, then please upload a transcript or list of the modules you have taken to-date.
- Your English Language test certificates (i.e IELTS/TOEFL) if appropriate.
- If you hold open references, then please upload them with your application.
- Alternatively please ask your referees to send their letters of support directly to the Admissions Office.
- If you do not hold a bachelor-equivalent qualification and wish to be considered for a postgraduate program under our non-graduate admissions policy then you should upload a work experience C.V./resume with your application. The C.V should include dates of employment, job titles, employment hours, and the nature of your responsibilities/duties.
- Please note that our non-graduate admissions policy is only relevant for application to taught masters programs.
Application Deadline: June 12, 2020Application ClosedOfficial link