The Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) is one of the largest and most prestigious international scholarship schemes in the world. Since it was established in 1959, 35,000 individuals have held a Commonwealth Scholarship or Fellowship – 27,000 of them were funded by the UK government, through the
Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the United Kingdom (CSC).
The CSC awards over 800 scholarships and fellowships for postgraduate study and professional development to Commonwealth citizens each year. The CSC’s Secretariat is provided by the Association of Commonwealth Universities, based in London; overseas services are provided by the British Council.
Commonwealth Ph.D. Scholarships are for candidates from low and middle-income Commonwealth countries, for full -time doctoral study at a UK university.
Funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), Commonwealth Ph.D. Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development and are
aimed at those who could not otherwise afford to study in the UK.
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security, and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion, and opportunity
- The scholarships are fully-funded.
- They provide full tuition fees, a return economy flight, an arrival allowance, and a regular stipend (living allowance).
- For more details please check their official website.
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2018
- By October 2018, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honors standard, or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree)
- Not be registered for a Ph.D., or an MPhil leading to a Ph.D., at a UK university before September/October 2018
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
Apply online through the given link.
For further information please visit their official website.
Application Deadline: January 4, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link