Call for applications of Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship for International Students is open !!!
The Friedrich Ebert Foundation is a German political party foundation associated, but independent from, the Social Democratic Party of Germany. It is headquartered in Bonn and Berlin, and has offices and projects in over 100 countries. It is Germany’s oldest organisation to promote democracy, political education, and promote students of outstanding intellectual abilities and personality.
Since 1971, foreign students have had the opportunity to receive grants through solidarity funds. Preference for these grants goes to people who are persecuted on political, racial or religious grounds. Funding for this program comes exclusively from donations from current and former grantees. The program have helped over 1,000 students.
particularly gifted students from countries in the Global South (Asia, Africa, Latin America), post-Soviet states as well as eastern and south-eastern European (EU) countries. The candidates’ aptitudes and personalities show excellent promise for an academic or professional career. Moreover, candidates are expected to show commitment to the values of social democracy.
- International students receive a monthly base amount of 861 EUR
- Health Insurance
- Scholars with a child receive a family allowance of 276 EUR
- Applicants come from countries in the Global South (Asia, Africa, Latin America), post-Soviet states as well as eastern and south-eastern European (EU) countries
- Students from any subject area
- Participants who have sufficient knowledge of German language even if the courses are held in English. This means a “Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang” of at least DSH level 2, a “Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache” of at least level 4, a “Zertifikat C 1” by a Goethe Institute, the “Deutsche Sprachdiplom der Kultusministerkonferenz” on level II or Telc C1 Hochschule
- Applicants need to be admitted or enrolled at a state or state-recognized higher education institution in Germany
- Simply fill out online application.
- If you are eligible for a scholarship, they will request further documents from you by e-mail: two expert reports from university professors as well as information about your previous training and your socio-political commitment. First-year students (not Master’s students) in their first semester submit two reports from former teachers. Upon their request, you have three weeks to upload the documents. Six weeks for the expert opinion, if necessary after consultation with them. They advise you to put the documents together while you are waiting for their response.
- If you are shortlisted, they would like to get to know you personally. They invite you to two meetings: with a liaison professor from your department and with a member of their selection committee.
- The selection committee makes the final decision on admission to one of their programs. The committee meets several times a year.
- Application Language: German
Application Deadline: April 30, 2022 (93 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link