a. The successful applicant will be awarded the Scholarship on the basis of academic merit, their area of study and research proposal, or other evidence of research potential.
b. The Faculty maintains the discretion to prioritise the awarding of the Scholarship to students whose supervisors are early to mid-career researchers and where their proposed research aligns with the
Faculty’s strategic research priorities.
c. The Scholarship will be awarded based on the nomination of a Selection Committee consisting of the Faculty Associate Dean (Research), Associate Dean (Research Education), and each School’s Research Education Director, or their nominees. The ultimate decision rests with the Associate Dean (Research).
a. The Scholarship will provide academic course fees and the Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF), subject to satisfactory academic performance, as per the below duration:
I. up to four research periods for a successful Masters by Research recipient. No possible extension (full-time equivalent).
II. up to twelve research periods for a successful PhD recipient with a possible two research period extension (full-time equivalent).
b. If a successful applicant converts from a Masters by Research to a PhD or vice-versa, the maximum duration of the Scholarship becomes that of the new candidature.
c. Periods of study already undertaken towards the degree prior to the commencement of the Scholarship, will be deducted from the maximum duration of the Scholarship excluding the potential extension period.
d. The Scholarship is for commencement in the relevant research period in which it is offered. Recipients can defer the Scholarship for up to three research periods subject to the approval of their Supervisor and Head of School, or their nominee. Deferment of scholarship for more than three research periods is considered on a case-by-case basis by the Associate Dean (Research Education), or their nominee.
e. Recipients cannot transfer the Scholarship to another area of research or change their supervisor without the prior approval of the Associate Dean
(Research Education), or their nominee.
f. The Scholarship will be offered subject to the availability of funding.
g. No other amount is payable.
The scholarship will provide academic course fees and the Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF), subject to satisfactory academic performance for:
- up to four research periods for a successful master’s by research recipient (no possible extension)
- up to 12 research periods for a PhD recipient with a possible two research period extension.
- be an international student
- have an unconditional offer of admission for a full-time PhD or master’s by research program with the intent to transfer to a PhD after satisfactory completion of the first progress review interview
- provide evidence that your stipend allowance is being paid by a third-party sponsor or university-funded
- apply and be considered for an RTP scholarship
- not be the recipient of an RTP or equivalent primary scholarship that provides academic course fees.
- Engineering HDR students who can provide evidence of their stipend allowance being paid by a third-party sponsor or university-funded will be considered for this scholarship.
- To be considered for this scholarship, you must have also apply for a Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship (International).
Apply nowOfficial link