The Engineering for Development (E4D) doctoral scholarships promote doctoral research for the benefit of underprivileged people in low-income countries. It awards two doctoral scholarships per year and promotes innovative projects that are directly relevant for improving the livelihoods of underprivileged people in low-income countries. The E4D Programme is generously funded through the Sawiris Foundation for Social Development.
The grant sum is 175’000 CHF to cover the salary costs of the doctoral students for three years.
- The general entrance requirements for doctoral studies at the ETH Zurich and at the particular department must be fulfilled.
- Experience in the selected research area is required.
- Maximum age: 40 years.
- Preference will be given to citizens of least developed countries and lower middle income countries according to the OECD DAC-list classification.
- High English proficiency level is necessary.
- Excellent MSc Degree and high academic performance is necessary.
- Fill out the application form from the Apply Now link
- Contact a ETH professor only if you have a concrete project idea
- Submit a Concept Note application and send it to [email protected]
Application Deadline: October 15, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link