The Sawiris Foundation call made for Social Development and the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation call made generously fund the E4D Programme. The current phase of the initiative lasts from 2019 to 2023.
E4D stands for Engineering for Development Continuing Scholarship Programme and this program awards Scholarships for travel and living expenses are awarded to individuals from low-income countries who wish to attend ETH Zurich’s continuing education programs.
The program’s purpose is to improve future leaders’ knowledge and abilities so that they can contribute to capacity building and poverty reduction in their home countries.
The scholarship will pay the following expenses (for the successful candidate):
- Round-trip economy ticket (maximum 2’000 CHF)
- Fees for visas
- ETH general tuition fee waiver ETH living allowance for the length of the program (660 CHF per semester)
- The candidate must have a finished and recognized Master’s degree from a university, as well as confirmation of at least two years of professional job experience.
- A TOEFL level C1 English proficiency is necessary. If the continuing education program demands a minimum degree of proficiency in another language, documentation of that proficiency must also be provided.
- The scholarship is open to candidates from all countries in the DAC-list of the OECD6 except from upper-middle income countries.
- Candidates must be accepted by both the ETH Zurich School for Continuing Education and the MAS, DAS, or CAS program offices.
Apply online through the Apply Now link.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2022Application ClosedOfficial link