Universität Hamburg from Germany is offering degree completion grants for international students. Universität Hamburg supports its international students on their way to the successful completion of their degrees with degree completion grants.
The funding period will last for twelve months for the students pursuing Diplom, Magister, Staatsexamen degrees. The purpose of this scholarship is to facilitate the international scholars at Hamburg University.
Featured Image: www.uni-hamburg.de
- The funding period for degree completion grant is 6 months.
- The maximum amount of funding is €720 per month.
- The amount of each grant is calculated according to the criteria stipulated in the German federal training assistance act (Bundesgesetz über individuelle Förderung der Ausbildung, BAföG).
If the final examination is not completed within the 6-month period, an extension may be requested. The maximum funding period is 12 months.
- Students pursuing Diplom, Magister, or Staatsexamen degrees may apply for a 12-month grant with their first application.
- Persons entitled to funding are students who:
- are not German citizens;
- are not eligible for BAföG (federal student loan scheme);
- are preparing for or are in the final examination phase of their studies;
- have no financial support during this phase (proof required).
- International students studying fee-based degree programs are eligible for this grant in exceptional cases, but they will not have priority in the selection procedure.
Apply online through the given link.
Application Deadline: December 1, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link