As a small institution, Davidson is fortunate to attract a talented and vibrant applicant pool each year from which they enroll an incoming class of approximately 530 students. Through the generosity of their alumni and friends, they are pleased to be able to offer a limited number of scholarship awards to approximately 4% of an incoming class. The scholarship selection process is completed in March and all winners and alternates are notified prior to the release of Regular Decision admission decisions.
All Davidson scholarships are renewable for participant remaining three years at Davidson, provided an established grade point average and progress toward degree requirements are met, and students participate fully and vigorously in the life of the college.
Competition Scholarships are some of their most important and generous awards. These annual renewable scholarships are offered to those who have demonstrated extraordinary potential and ability to contribute to their vigorous living and learning community.
Candidates are identified by The Davidson Admission Committee. Selection is based on a number of factors that Davidson values in its holistic review of students, including (but not limited to) the strength of their application, talents, experiences, leadership, service, etc.
William Holt Terry Scholarship
- Annual award: Full tuition and fees, and a $3,000 special opportunity stipend
- Number Awarded: Two in each first-year class
- Eligibility: You have demonstrated exemplary leadership skills and personal qualities through student government, athletics, service, or other activities.
If you demonstrate significant interest in a particular field of study, show a commitment to service, or have special talents in the arts, you may be eligible to receive an Application Scholarship.
- Applications for the Dobson-Neely Latin Scholarship and James B. Duke Scholarship are due January 11, 2023 (for Early Decision and Regular Decision applicants).
- Applications for the Barber Theatre, Cornwell Creative Writing, Music, and Pepper Visual Arts Scholarships are due at the deadline of your chosen application plan (Early Decision I – Nov. 15; Early Decision II – Jan. 8; Regular Decision – Jan. 11).
- Applications for the Bonner Scholars program will open in spring 2023.
• The comprehensive cost of tuition, fees, room, and board for four years.
• A book and personal expense allowance.
• An annual travel allowance.
• The scholarship is renewable provided you maintain the specified grade point average and meet requirements toward earning a degree.
- Graduates of Chicago public and charter high schools with strong records of academic and personal accomplishment who have established financial need.
- Preference is given to traditionally under-represented students, particularly Latinx and Hispanic students.
- School counselors, principals/heads of schools, or college access program leadership can nominate up to three candidates.
- Candidates may also be nominated by The Davidson Admission Committee on the basis of their strong application for admission.
Apply through the “Apply Link” given below.
Application Deadline: November 15, 2023 (46 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link