The primary aim of this grant programme is to support doctoral studies in the fields of engineering, informatics, economics, business administration, communication studies/media science and earth and environmental sciences for suitably qualified candidates.
A subsequent teaching position at the University of Central Asia (UCA) is possible. The UCA is located in the towns of Naryn (Kyrgyzstan), Tekeli (Kazakhstan) and Khorog (Tajikistan). The UCA is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network and aims to be a promoter of an intellectual and economic transformation in Central Asia, particularly its mountain communities, by providing an internalltionally recognised standard of higher education.
- monthly payments of 1,200 Euro
- payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- travel allowances
- on a yearly basis: research allowance
- Under certain circumstances, grant holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- monthly rent subsidy
- monthly allowance for accompanying family members
- As a rule, applicants should not have graduated any longer than six years before the application Deadline.
- The required language level depends on the applicant’s study plans and subject. As a rule, at least a good knowledge of German language is usually expected. For natural sciences and engineering, proof of good English language skills may also be accepted, if English is spoken at the host institute
Documents to be uploaded to the DAAD portal:
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form
- List of publications (if applicable)
- Extensive and detailed description of the research proposal and a description of previous research work (max. 10 pages), including schedule of planned research work.
- Diploma or degree certificate indicating final grade(s): the certificate must be subsequently submitted before the grant-supported research begins if it is not available at the time of application. In this case submission of an up-to-date transcript of records is required.
- Other documents which support your application (for example certificates of employment, proof of practical training/internships etc.)
- Proof of language skills corresponding to the requirements of the host institution
- German or English translations of documents submitted in the national language
Application Deadline: November 30, 2022Application ClosedOfficial link