Scholarships and applications for the IWC Water Leadership Program are now open!
The International WaterCentre and Clearwater are pleased to offer a total of 7 scholarships for the next round of the Water Leadership Program!
The Water Leadership Program (WLP) is an award-winning, annual program that helps emerging leaders to develop the ability to exert influence, drive change and advance challenging integrated water management projects – abilities associated with the most effective integrated water management leaders.
Designed to build your capacity to continually develop as a water industry leader over your career, this nine-month program features a balance between academic and real-world approaches to learning.
Clearwater is generously offering three scholarships for the Water Leadership Program:
- one full scholarship for emerging Indigenous water leaders
- one-half scholarship for emerging water leaders from metro Victoria.
- one partial scholarship for emerging water leaders from metro Victoria.
The scholarship will be awarded to high-caliber candidates who clearly demonstrate potential as a future water leader and satisfies the entry criteria.
Please note: The final number and value of scholarships awarded will remain at the discretion of IWC and will depend on the quality of applications received.
- Clearwater full scholarships (Indigenous Water Leader, and Metro Water Leader Scholarships valued at $10,500 each)
- Each scholarship will cover $9500 of the recipient’s course fees (totaling $10,500 excl GST for the program).
- The recipient will be required to pay or arrange for payment of the remaining $1000 (excl GST).
- The scholarship will also provide a $1000 allowance towards covering expenses associated with participating in the intensives which form part of the program (i.e. travel and accommodation).
- Any additional expenses are to be covered by the recipient or their employer.
- Clearwater partial scholarship (Metro Water Leader Partial Scholarship valued at $4000 each)
- Each scholarship will cover $4000 of the recipient’s course fees (totaling $10,500 excl GST for the program).
- The recipient will be required to pay or arrange for payment of the remaining $6500 (excl GST).
- The recipient will be required to pay or arrange for payment of expenses associated with participating in the intensives which form part of the program (i.e. travel and accommodation).
All Scholarships for the 2021/22 IWC Water Leadership Program are subject to the following general eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must have at least 3 years of work experience in the water industry/sector
- Applicants must be Australian or New Zealand citizens or Australian permanent residents currently working in Australia.
- Be able to communicate clearly in English
- Applicant’s work supervisors must understand the nature of the program and support their application
All Scholarships for the 2021/22 IWC Water Leadership Program are subject to the following general terms and conditions:
- Full participation in all elements of the program is expected. This includes the ability to travel to Brisbane to physically attend the two face-to-face training sessions in February and July 2022 (COVID permitting).
- If an applicant is offered a scholarship but fails to formally accept the scholarship (i.e. in writing by email) within 3 days, the scholarship may be offered to another applicant.
- Scholarship recipients will be guaranteed a place in the program in 2021/22.
- Scholarships are not transferable to future years or to other people.
Applicants must apply through the online application portal.
Application Deadline: September 16, 2021Application ClosedOfficial link