Brown University offers a range of prestigious scholarships that aim to recognize and support exceptional students who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement, leadership potential, and a commitment to positively impacting their communities and beyond. These scholarships are highly competitive and provide recipients with financial support and a wealth of opportunities for personal and intellectual growth.
The Brown University Scholarship program encompasses a diverse array of scholarships, each with its specific criteria and requirements. One of the most prominent scholarships is the Brown University Presidential Scholarship, awarded to a select group of incoming first-year students who have demonstrated exceptional academic excellence and leadership qualities. This highly competitive merit-based scholarship covers full tuition, room, and board for all four years of undergraduate study.
Another notable scholarship at Brown University is the Brown-RISD Dual Degree Program Scholarship, which supports students pursuing a unique interdisciplinary education in collaboration with the Rhode Island School of Design (RISD). This scholarship provides financial assistance to students who are admitted to and choose to enroll in the prestigious dual degree program, allowing them to combine their passions for art and design with a liberal arts education.
Furthermore, Brown University offers a range of scholarships to students from diverse backgrounds, including the QuestBridge National College Match Scholarship and the Brown Refugee Scholarship. These scholarships aim to ensure access and opportunity for talented students who may face financial or personal challenges.
In addition to financial support, Brown University scholarships provide recipients with a host of enriching opportunities. Scholars are part of a vibrant community of talented individuals, encouraged to engage in intellectual pursuits, participate in leadership and service activities, and contribute to the university’s academic and cultural life.
Overall, the Brown University Scholarship program serves as a testament to the university’s dedication to nurturing exceptional individuals and empowering them to make a significant impact on the world through their education and leadership.
- Financial Support: The scholarships at Brown University provide significant financial assistance to recipients, covering tuition fees, room, and board expenses for the duration of their undergraduate studies.
- Prestigious Recognition: Being awarded a Brown University Scholarship is a prestigious honor that recognizes exceptional academic achievement and leadership potential, adding value to a student’s academic profile.
- Opportunities for Growth: Scholarship recipients gain access to a range of opportunities for personal and intellectual growth, including mentorship programs, research opportunities, leadership development initiatives, and cultural and academic enrichment activities.
- Diverse Community: Scholars become part of a diverse community of talented individuals from various backgrounds, fostering a rich and inclusive learning environment.
- Access to Resources: Brown University provides scholars with access to state-of-the-art facilities, libraries, research centers, and a network of distinguished faculty members, creating an environment conducive to academic success.
- Academic Excellence: Applicants must have a strong academic record, typically demonstrated by high school grades, standardized test scores (such as the SAT or ACT), and rigorous coursework.
- Leadership and Extracurricular Involvement: Brown University values applicants who have exhibited leadership qualities, involvement in extracurricular activities, and a commitment to community service or other impactful initiatives.
- Personal Characteristics: Scholarship committees look for applicants who possess qualities such as intellectual curiosity, creativity, resilience, and a demonstrated passion for their chosen field of study.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Brown University actively seeks applicants from diverse backgrounds, including underrepresented groups, first-generation students, and individuals with unique perspectives and experiences.
- Submit the Common Application: Applicants must complete and submit the Common Application, including the required essays and personal statements.
- Indicate Interest in Scholarships: Within the application, applicants should indicate their interest in being considered for Brown University scholarships.
- Complete Additional Scholarship Forms: Some scholarships may require additional forms, essays, or materials. Applicants should carefully review the specific requirements for each scholarship they wish to apply for.
- Submit Transcripts and Test Scores: Official high school transcripts and standardized test scores must be submitted to Brown University as part of the application process.
- Letters of Recommendation: Applicants are typically required to submit letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors, or other individuals who can speak to their academic abilities, character, and potential.
- Application Deadlines: The deadlines for scholarship applications may vary, so it is crucial to review the specific dates and requirements for each scholarship.
- Scholarship Selection: After careful evaluation of applications, scholarship committees at Brown University select recipients based on their academic achievements, leadership potential, and fit with the university’s values.
- Notification: Scholarship recipients are notified of their awards typically around the same time as their admission decision to Brown University.