The British Council Japan IELTS Award is hosted by the British Council. It offers a scholarship for those planning to study at universities outside their home country. This scheme is aimed at helping students living in Japan to achieve their personal goals, as well as promoting connections between international higher education sectors.
Four students will be selected and will receive an award for their studies outside Japan. Successful applicants are responsible for contributing to IELTS and study abroad testimonials. The testimonials and photos which are provided by successful applicants will appear on websites and publicity materials owned or produced by the British Council.
This scheme is aimed at helping students living in Japan to achieve their personal goals, as well as promoting connections between international higher education sectors.
Eligible applicants must have an IELTS test score. IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is the world’s leading English language test designed to evaluate the ability to communicate in English for education, immigration and professional accreditation worldwide.
Open the doors to your future with IELTS!
The awardees will get an award worth 300,000 JPY.
- Must be residing in Japan when the application is made.
- Will study abroad or have already studied abroad in the 2021 academic year. (The certificate from the university must be ready by 28 July 2021)
- Must have taken IELTS/IELTS for UKVI test with the British Council test centers in Japan during the period of April 2019 – June 2021, and have a valid IELTS score of 6.0 (overall).
- Become an IELTS ambassador to share your study experience with others in talks / seminars and feature in video clip(s) for the promotion of IELTS and study abroad.
- Download the application form from the official link.
- Completed Personal Statement and application forms must be submitted with IELTS/IELTS for UKVI Test Report Form (Photocopied).
- Only hard copy applications sent to the British Council in Japan via Post will be accepted.
Application Deadline: July 10, 2021 (19 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link