Avisen Legal is proud to offer two $1,000 scholarships for two (2) law students focusing on business law. As a boutique firm established and staffed exclusively by lawyers with an entrepreneurial background, the Avisen team has long been avid supporters of those who are inspired to build something themselves, whether that’s a new business or a legal career. As the price of law school continues to rise dramatically, AvisenLegal wants to help support the next generation of lawyers to ensure a quality legal education is affordable.
Business law is a unique legal practice, and Avisen Legal is a truly unique law firm. We’re a team of entrepreneurs, averaging over 20 years of experience per lawyer and working across a variety of business law fields. We knew that we could put together a practice that better served businesses and business owners, including small local shops, not-for-profit organizations, tech startups, the energy and ag-tech sectors, independently licensed professionals, and more.
We see the same entrepreneurial spirit that inspires each of Avisen’s lawyers in those who pursue a practice in business law. We know business law is different than litigation and trial work, and this field requires having a real interest in the underlying business goals of your clients. We feel it’s part of our responsibility to help make a legal education attainable to those who share our vision and passion, and we take pride in helping those with a similar goal obtain their education.
- The Avisen Legal Business Law Scholarship provides two $1,000 awards, one for each fall and spring semester and awarded to two different students.
All are welcome to apply for the Avisen Legal Business Law Scholarship.
- Applicants must be accepted to a law school within the state of Minnesota
- Applicants must be interested in exploring a law degree that focuses on the business field, including, but not limited to: business law, employment law, entrepreneurial law, estate and succession plan, mergers and acquisitions, real estate, or other related fields.
- Preference will be given to BIPOC applicants and applicants from historically underrepresented backgrounds.
- To apply for the Avisen Legal Business Law Scholarship, please complete the online form.
- All application materials must be received by the above submission deadlines in order to be considered for the scholarship.
Application Deadline: July 1, 2022Application ClosedOfficial link