The role of science, technology and innovation, as essential tools for Africa’s socio-economic transformation cannot been overemphasized, and this is the bedrock of the ASRIC-UEMF partnership which birthed the ASRIC-UEMF PhD scholarship scheme.
The African Scientific, Research and Innovation Council (ASRIC) mobilizes African research excellence and provides a platform for dialogue among African scientists and serves as a voice of the scientific community in building and sustaining continental research and innovation nexus, that including the building requisite technical capabilities.On the other hand, the Euro-Mediterranean University of Fes (UEMF) was created with aim to promote the values of leadership, entrepreneurship, innovation and solidarity, in furtherance, UEMF is a growing centre of excellence in higher education and research with more than one and half thousand students, 46% of which are scholarship recipients.
In 2019, these two prestigious institutions entered into a strategic partnership for Capacity Building for Africa’s youths and to enhance research and innovation for Africa’s development. Considering the comparative advantage and the common mandate of ASRIC and UEMF “building Africa’s technical competences” the two institutions decided to engage on a long-term scientific collaboration and as of that the UEMF offered Scholarship for African Ph.D. students to undertake studies and research work at UEMF.
The 1st Call for PhD scholarships for African students was successfully held for the academic year 2019-2020, where eligible candidates passed through a rigorous screening and were awarded the scholarship. In furtherance to the success of the 1st Call, the ASRIC and UEMF are hereby launching the 2nd Call for the year 2021.
The ASRIC and UEMF offer 10 scholarship slots for the academic year 2020-2021 for African PhD students to carry out their doctoral research work at the Euro-Mediterranean University of Fes (UEMF), Morocco. The duration of the study and that of the scholarship is three years.
The scholarship includes :
- Tuition fees of about $9,000 annually, one return ticket from your home country with a maximum contribution of $1,000 during summer vacation.
- Stipend allowance of $1,000 monthly for 11 months every year.
- Applicants must be less than 35years of age at the end date of this call;
- Must have Master’s Degree (in science or engineering), Diploma or Engineering Diploma or any other equivalent diploma (baccalaureate + 5); and
- The candidate must demonstrate remarkable ability and devotion along with experiences in conducting research in the selected field of study.
- The application form to this call should be completed and submitted before the deadline of the call. The following also to be attached to the application form
- An updated CV;
- A certified copy of the baccalaureate;
- A certified copy of the master’s diploma or the engineering diploma or any other equivalent diploma (Bac + 5);
- A copy certified transcript(s) of all university-level coursework completed corresponding to the diploma or masters;
- A copy of the Master (or equivalent) thesis or dissertation;
- A certified copy of the international passport.
- 2 personal passport size photographs
- All application and supporting documents should be submitted to the ASRIC Secretariat by email to [email protected] and CC [email protected] before the call deadline.
Application Deadline: July 30, 2021Application ClosedOfficial link