Access to knowledge is Google’s passion and when it comes to higher education for promising scholars, Google doesn’t want anything to stand in the way. That’s why Google, in partnership with EmployAbility, is proud to present the Google Europe Scholarship for Students with Disabilities. Google is committed to helping the innovators of the future make the most of their talents by providing scholarships for Computer Science students with disabilities.
Recipients of the Google Europe Scholarship for Students with Disabilities will each receive a €7,000 scholarship for the 2021-2022 academic year. Scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of the applicant’s academic background, leadership skills and demonstrated passion for Computer Science.
The Scholarship for Students with Disabilities is dedicated to supporting students who are studying Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or majoring in a closely related technical field which contains at least three of the following computer science core courses: Algorithms, Coding, Data Structures, and Operating Systems.
Disability is defined as a long-term or recurring issue that impacts one or more major activities that others may consider a daily function. This definition also includes the perception among others that a disability exists.
Recipients of the Google Europe Scholarship for Students with Disabilities will each receive a €7,000 scholarship for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Be currently enrolled at a university in Europe or Israel for the 2020-21 academic year
- Intend to be enrolled or accepted as a full time or part time student in a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD program (or equivalent) at a university in Europe or Israel for the 2021/2022 academic year.
- Citizens, permanent residents, and international students are eligible to apply.
- Be studying computer science, or related technical degree with core computer science modules in it
- Maintain a strong academic record (Please note that mitigating circumstances affecting your academic and work experiences will be considered. Therefore, you should include full details about these in the spaces provided on the application form).
- Exemplify leadership and a passion for Computer Science and technology
- Have a disability, mental health or long term health condition (which includes dyslexia, dyspraxia, visual impairment, hearing impairment, diabetes, epilepsy, depression, anxiety disorders, and any other physical or mental impairments or health conditions).
Applicants will be asked to complete an online application through EmployAbility which includes:
- General background information (i.e. contact information and details about your current and intended universities for the 2020-2021 academic year)
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree)
- A reference letter from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor
- Responses to essay questions.
Recipients will be selected based on the overall strength of their essays and application materials compared to the entire applicant pool.
For having a detailed idea about application process please visit the official website.
Application Deadline: December 4, 2020 (2 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link