Are you under 35 years, working for a Protected Area or an environmental NGO? What if you could have 3000€ to cover a study tour to any European Parks you wish and have the chance to learn from your peers? The Alfred Toepfer Natural Heritage Scholarships is for you!!
The Alfred Toepfer Natural Heritage Scholarship is a great opportunity for young professionals who have chosen to develop a career in natural and cultural heritage. The winners of the Scholarship will have the chance to improve their skills and learn from other professionals, by carrying out study visits in European Protected Areas. The call is open to all young professionals working in topics related to Protected Areas in Europe and the best 3 will get the Scholarships to address specific issues faced by Protected Areas and produce a written report and short film about their findings!
EUROPARC strongly believes that young people have a vital role to play in caring for Europe’s natural heritage. Like everything else, the future of Protected Areas relies on the young generation taking an active and informed role. Each year the EUROPARC Federation, with support from the Alfred Toepfer Stiftung F.V.S., awards three Alfred Toepfer Natural Heritage Scholarships to promising young conservationists, who are committed to working for the benefit of Protected Areas. The aim of the scholarships is to enhance international cooperation and to advance the quality, innovation and European dimension of Protected Area management.
- Each scholarship is worth €3.000 and enables successful applicants to undertake a study visit on a particular theme to one or more Protected Areas in European countries
- The scholarship covers your travel costs to one or more protected areas in Europe.
- Visiting different countries enables you to gather new perspectives and deepen your subject of study.
- Your report and a short film will be utilized by EUROPARC members.
- Your scholarship will be awarded in Austria, at EUROPARC Conference 2020, between 27th – 30th October (all expenses paid).
- The age limit at the time of application is 35.
- Presentation of the applicant’s professional and personal reasons for the planned study visit. This will be elaborated in the online application form
- Proof of relevant contacts with target protected areas that are intended to form part of the study tour need to be established at the time of application. Evidence of contacts will be required to the preselected candidates
- Evidence of the current employment status
- Study visits to prepare master or doctoral thesis, or form any part of fieldwork or gathering of data or evidence for thesis, will not be considered.
- The applicants should be available to receive their award at the EUROPARC conference in 2020.
- The award of the scholarship more than one time is not possible.
To apply, candidates must submit:
- Online application form– that includes your Curriculum vitae, your motivation letter, the proposed program of your study visit, and contact details of protected areas you want to visit (download a pdf of the online application form)
- Proof of employment
Application Deadline: May 3, 2020Application ClosedOfficial link