Are you under 35 years, working for a Protected Area or an environmental NGO? What if you could have 3000€ to cover a study tour to any European Parks you wish and have the chance to learn from your peers?
The Alfred Toepfer Natural Heritage Scholarships is for you!
This year the call is exclusively open to young professionals, and the best 3 will get the Scholarships to address specific issues faced by Protected Areas and produce a written report and short film about their findings!
EUROPARC strongly believes that young people have a vital role to play in caring for Europe’s natural heritage. Like everything else, the future of Protected Areas relies on the young generation taking an active and informed role. Each year the EUROPARC Federation, with support from the Alfred Toepfer Stiftung F.V.S., awards three Alfred Toepfer Natural Heritage Scholarships to promising young conservationists, who are committed to working for the benefit of Protected Areas. The aim of the scholarships is to enhance international cooperation and to advance the quality, innovation and European dimension of Protected Area management.
- The scholarship covers your travel costs to one or more protected areas in Europe.
- Visiting different countries enables you to gather new perspectives and deepen your subject of study.
- Your report and short film will be utilized by EUROPARC members.
- Your scholarship will be awarded in Latvia, at EUROPARC Conference 2019, between 24th – 27th September (all expenses paid).
- Must be under 35
- Have a European nationality
- Be employed by a Protected Area or nature conservation organisation
To apply, candidates must submit:
- Online application form– that includes your Curriculum vitae, your motivation letter, the proposed programme of your study visit, and contact details of protected areas you want to visit (download a pdf of the online application form)
- Proof of employment
Application Deadline: May 3, 2019 (43 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link