With the scholarship, the Einstein Forum and the Daimler and Benz Foundation want to offer outstanding young scientists from Germany and abroad the opportunity to carry out a research project that is outside of their previous work. The aim is to support those young universalists who – similar to Albert Einstein – are not only characterized by their extraordinary achievements in a specific scientific field, but also by their interdisciplinary commitment.
The scholarship is linked to a stay in the summer house of Einstein’s summer house in Caputh, which lasts between five and six months. The Einsteinhaus is a place of significance in terms of both science and architecture history, with connections to the universities of Potsdam and Berlin. The scholarship holder receives a grant of EUR 10,000 as well as the travel expenses incurred.
The Albert Einstein Scholarships holder receives a grant of EUR 10,000 as well as the travel expenses incurred.
- Applicants should be under 35 years of age; and have a qualified university degree in a humanities, social, or natural science subject.
- The applications for the year 2022 should contain a résumé and an exposé of the project planned as part of the scholarship (both in English) as well as two scientific references and should be submitted by May 15, 2021.
- The scholarship holders are expected to adequately document the scientific work carried out during the months in Caputh.
- Documentation includes giving a public lecture in the Einstein Forum and in the Daimler and Benz Foundation.
- However, the scholarship expressly does not serve to complete a work that has already started; such as a dissertation or habilitation thesis.
Apply through the given link.
Application Deadline: May 21, 2021 (124 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link