Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program 2023 is now open for applications.
Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP) is awarded at designated institutions (DIs) in the Asia and Pacific region for studies in economics, business and management, science and technology, and other development-related fields.
Scholarships are for a period of one to two years and are awarded at designated institutions (DIs) in the Asia and Pacific region. Studies in economics, business and management, science and technology, and other development-related fields are eligible. The maximum duration of the scholarship award is two years for the MA, MS, & MBA programs.
Academic Programs offered by AIT are as follows:
- Agri-Business Management (ABM)
- Agricultural Systems And Engineering (ASE)
- Aquaculture and Aquatic Resources Management (AARM)
- Climate Change and Sustainable Development (CCSD)
- Development and Sustainability (DS)
- Development Planning Management and Innovation (DPMI)
- Environmental Engineering and Management (EEM)
- Food Engineering and Bioprocess Technology (FEBT)
- Food Innovation, Nutrition, and Health (FINH)
- Gender and Development Studies (GDS)
- Marine Plastics Abatement (MPA)
- Natural Resources Management (NRM)
- Society and Environmental Governance (SEG)
- Sustainable Energy Transition (SE)
- Urban Innovation and Sustainability (UIS)
- Yunus Professional Master’s in Social Business and Entrepreneurship (YPM – SBE)
The Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) is an international English-speaking postgraduate institution, focusing on engineering, environment, and management studies. AIT’s rigorous academic, research, and experiential outreach programs prepare graduates for professional success and leadership roles in Asia and beyond.
Founded in 1959, AIT offers the opportunity to study at an institution in Asia that possesses a global reputation. Going forward, AIT will be stressing its global connections, injection of innovation into research and teaching, its relevance to industry, and its nurturing of entrepreneurship, while continuing to fulfill its social impact and capacity-building role. Sitting on a beautiful green campus located just north of Bangkok, Thailand, AIT operates as a multicultural community where a cosmopolitan approach to living and learning is the rule. You will meet and study with people from all around the world.
AIT is internationally recognized engineering, environment, and management graduates are highly sought after by employers in their home country and elsewhere. Across many walks of life in Asia, AIT alumni have distinguished themselves as CEOs of private and state enterprises, as business owners, as well-respected researchers and faculty, and as senior university and government officials.
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) envisions a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty in the region.
ADB assists its members, and partners, by providing loans, technical assistance, grants, and equity investments to promote social and economic development.
ADB maximizes the development impact of its assistance by facilitating policy dialogues, providing advisory services, and mobilizing financial resources through cofinancing operations that tap official, commercial, and export credit sources.
- Tuition fees (actual costs) are covered by the scholarship.
- Housing (based on the actual cost of dormitory housing or a reasonable allowance for appropriate off-campus housing—to be agreed upon between each DI and ADB) will be provided by the scholarship.
- Subsistence Allowance including housing allowance (a flat allowance to be agreed upon between each DI and ADB) will be provided by the scholarship.
- Student Medical and accident insurance (flat allowance) are covered by the scholarship.
- Books (a flat allowance to be agreed upon between each DI and ADB) will be provided by the scholarship.
- Economy class air travel at the most direct routes to and from the DI and the awardee’s home country (actual costs) will be provided by the scholarship.
- Miscellaneous expenses related to travel such as visa fees, airport taxes, luggage allowance, etc. (a flat allowance).
- Excess luggage up to 20 kg may be financed during return travel to the home country (actual costs) will be covered by the scholarship.
- Thesis/Research Allowance is intended to cover the scholar’s research expenditures and can be used for such expenditure items as photocopying, school supplies, typing and computer charges, postage, communications, binding charges, local travel costs, and accommodation for out-of-town trips(a flat allowance) will be provided by the scholarship.
- In special cases where additional training is deemed necessary, expenditures incurred to improve language proficiency and computer literacy may be covered under the scholarship (actual costs).
- A national of an ADB borrowing member country (applicants from countries that are no longer borrowing from ADB are not eligible for the ADB-JSP Scholarship)
- Must have minimum English proficiency score as required by AIT Language Center(IELTS-Academic: 6 (writing and overall) or AIT EET ≥ 6.0, TOEFL ≥ 550).
- A Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with a superior academic record.
- At least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application.
- Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
- Not more than 35 years old at the time of application. In exceptional cases, for programs that are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years old.
- In good health.
- Should agree to return to his/her home county after completion of studies under the Program.
- The staff of AIT is not eligible for the Scholarship.
- Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and relatives of the aforementioned are not eligible for the Scholarship.
- Applicants living or working in a country other than his/her home country are not eligible for the scholarships.
- Applicants have to request information and application forms from the chosen DI (e.g. AIT).
- Applicants have to indicate to DI that they are applying for admission and that they would like to be considered for the ADB-JSP Scholarship.
- To make a successful application, the completed DI application form and required documentation, including the ADB-JSP Information Sheet form, have to be submitted to the DI.
- Applicants are encouraged to access various resources, including the DI’s website & handbooks, and DI information sessions held in-country, to assist them in making an informed decision on the DI and course they wish to undertake.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2023 (10 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link