MIPLC students bring to their learning community a high level of excellence expressed in a rich diversity of backgrounds, accomplishments, talents, and interests. Students in past classes have consistently found this special atmosphere to be very conducive to their studies – and great fun, too. To be eligible for admission, applicants need to have at least a prior university or college degree, professional experience, and very good knowledge of the English language.
From among the large number of postgraduate courses offered by German institutions of higher education, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) supports a carefully chosen selection of programs of particular interest to junior executives from developing countries. These degree courses, which consist of one to two years of concentrated study, provide young, academically-trained professionals in leading positions from developing countries with the opportunity to engage in postgraduate education and training in their particular field or profession.
The courses are open to all eligible candidates. Applications are welcome from professionals with personal financial resources, from those who are funded by their government or company, or from those who are recipients of financial support from international sponsoring organizations. In addition, a limited number of full DAAD scholarships are available. The DAAD only awards these scholarships for postgraduate courses supported in this funding program.
Scholarship recipients will get-
- A full MIPLC fee waiver
- A monthly stipend of EUR 850
- Payments towards health, accident and liability insurance coverage in Germany
- A travel allowance, unless these costs are covered by the home country or by another funding source
- A study and research allowance
- A mandatory two-month German course before the start of the MIPLC LL.M. program (August and September, in Munich or another German city).
Since the DAAD scholarship includes a full fee waiver, you must apply simultaneously for MIPLC financial assistance
You are eligible for the DAAD scholarship if you meet the following requirements in addition to the MIPLC admission criteria:
- You are from a developing country (according to the OECD DAC list) and have not been living outside your home country (or another developing country) for more than the past two years.
- You hold at least a four-year Bachelor’s degree (or a three-year Bachelor’s degree plus a further degree), completed with above-average results.
- You received your latest degree no more than six years before your application.
- You have at least two years of full-time professional experience gained in a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country. To meet this requirement, it is sufficient if you have completed the two years by February of the year in which you intend to start your studies at MIPLC. Scientific university staff and academics are not the core target group of this program and are therefore considered only in exceptional cases.
To apply for this scholarship, please follow the seven steps below.
- Step 1: Download and Read the DAAD Program Brochure
- Step 2: Check Your Eligibility
Determine whether you are eligible for the scholarship by DAAD and MIPLC standards, keeping in mind that where MIPLC and DAAD requirements differ, the stricter requirement prevails.
- Step 3: Apply for Admission to the MIPLC
- Step 4: Apply for MIPLC Financial Assistance
- Step 5: Complete the DAAD Scholarship Application Form
- Step 6: Make Sure Your File is Complete
- You complete file includes
- The MIPLC application form for admission
- The MIPLC application form for financial assistance
- The DAAD application form for the scholarship
- The documents are required by each form.
- You complete file includes
- Please use the checklist to make sure your application is complete.
- Please also note that the DAAD is very strict, in particular regarding the requirement that letters of recommendation and proof of your professional experience be printed on official stationery, stamped and signed.
- Step 7: Submit Your Application
Please upload all documents to Cryptshare as explained in the Application Instructions
Application Deadline: October 15, 2021Application ClosedOfficial link