MOFCOM Scholarship is set up by Ministry of Commerce of People’s Republic of China to further strengthen the communication and cooperation between China and other countries as well as to develop talents for developing countries. Starting from 2015, MOFCOM Scholarship mainly sponsors the young and the middle-aged talents from recipient countries to pursue their postgraduate degree education in China and entrusts China Scholarship Council to administer the Scholarship.
MOFCOM Scholarship supports Master’s program for 2-3 years or PhD program for 3-4 years. Scholarship winners must register for English-taught program if such program is available. When only Chinese-taught program is available, students should take Chinese language training courses for one to two years before moving on to their degree study.
-teaching material fee waiver;
-research and survey fee waiver;
-dissertation guidance fee waiver;
-one-off resettlement fee: 3000RMB per master student, 3000RMB per PhD student;
-stipend: 3000RMB per month per master student,, 3500RMB per month per PhD student;
-one-time round-trip international airfare for all the students
- be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health;
- be a bachelor’s degree holder when applying for master’s program;
- be a master’s degree holder when applying for doctoral program;
- be under the age of 45 when applying;
- have sufficient English or Chinese proficiency which meets the academic requirements of the program. English: IETS 6.0 or above, Chinese: HSK level 4 (score180） or above, or other evidence which indicates your English or Chinese proficiency is adequate.
Ensure you have both submitted the application form both online and printed the hard copy. Please go through the official website for detailed instructions.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2017Application ClosedOfficial link