Are you young professional thinking about a career at the World Bank? Applications to the Young Professionals Program are already open until June 30, 2020. The World Bank Group (WBG) welcomes all qualified individuals with diverse professional, academic, and cultural backgrounds. Specifically, women and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
The YPP is a unique opportunity for young professionals who have both a passion for international development and the leadership potential to grow in fascinating top technical and managerial roles in the WBG. The program is designed for highly qualified and motivated individuals skilled in areas relevant to WBG technical/operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources to name a few.
To be competitive, candidates need to demonstrate a commitment to development, proven academic success, professional achievement, and leadership capability. Over the years, the YPP has hired over 1,800 people for positions ranging from entry-level to vice presidents and managing directors.
Every year, around 45 to 50 applicants are accepted into the program. Young Professionals are offered a five-year renewable term contract, spend 24 months in a structured development program, and enjoy a variety of benefits and opportunities. Please check the official link for more details. Apply now!
- Health, Life, Accident, and Other Insurance Programs
- Pension Plan
- Relocation and Transportation Benefits
- Mobility Premium
- Tax Allowance
- Financial Assistance
*Please check the official link for more details.
To be considered for the WBG YPP, applicants must:
- Be born on or after October 1, 1988
- Have a master’s or doctoral degree
- Specialize in a field relevant to YPP Business Areas
- Demonstrate relevant professional experience or continued study at the doctoral level
- Be fluent in English
- The Bank’s Group recruitment policy is to hire a staff of the highest calibre, on as wide a geographical basis as possible, with preference to nationals of WBG member countries or countries of operations.
To be competitive for the limited number of positions, a combination of the following credentials is highly desirable:
- Display a commitment and passion for international development
- Possess outstanding academic credentials
- Exhibit excellent client engagement, communication and team leadership skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of relevant sector trends
The following attributes are a plus:
- Work experience in emerging markets or developing countries
- Full proficiency in one of the following official WBG languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish
- Apply online through the given link.
- The application for the 2020 Selection Process for the Young Professionals Program at the World Bank is open from June 1 – June 30, 2020.
- Please attach the following documents (mandatory):
- Academic Credentials*
- 2 Short Essays
- Short Summary of Thesis or Dissertation (World Bank candidates only)
- 3 Professional or Academic Recommendations
- Files should not exceed 5 MB each and should be in the following formats: .doc, .docx, or .pdf.
- Once you submit your application, you will not be able to make any changes/updates.
- Upon successful submission of your application, you will receive an email confirmation along with a YPP ID number.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2020Application ClosedOfficial link