Are you a young professional thinking about a career at the World Bank? Applications to the Young Professionals Program are already open until June 30, 2019. The World Bank Group (WBG) welcomes all qualified individuals with diverse professional, academic, and cultural backgrounds. Specifically, women and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
The YPP is a unique opportunity for young professionals who have both a passion for international development and the leadership potential to grow in fascinating top technical and managerial roles in the WBG. The program is designed for highly qualified and motivated individuals skilled in areas relevant to WBG technical/operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources to name a few.
To be competitive, candidates need to demonstrate a commitment to development, proven academic success, professional achievement, and leadership capability. Over the years, the YPP has hired over 1,800 people for positions ranging from entry-level to vice presidents and managing directors.
Every year, around 45 to 50 applicants are accepted into the program. Young Professionals are offered a five-year renewable term contract, spend 24 months in a structured development program, and enjoy a variety of benefits and opportunities. Please check the official link for more details. Apply now!
- Health, Life, Accident, and Other Insurance Programs
- Pension Plan
- Relocation and Transportation Benefits
- Mobility Premium
- Tax Allowance
- Financial Assistance
*Please check the official link for more details.
The following are the minimum requirements to be eligible for the Young Professionals Program:
- Citizenship of a member country of the World Bank Group
- Be born on or after October 1, 1987
- A PhD or Master’s degree and relevant work experience
- Fluency in English
- Full proficiency in one or more of the WBG’s working languages — Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish — is desired, but not required
- Specialization in a field relevant to the WBG Technical/Operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources, and others
- At least three years of relevant professional experience related to development or continued academic study at the doctoral level
To be competitive for the limited number of positions, a combination of the following credentials is highly desirable:
- Display a commitment and passion for international development
- Possess outstanding academic credentials
- Exhibit excellent client engagement and team leadership skills
- Have international development country experience
- Apply online through the given link.
- The application for the 2020 Selection Process for the Young Professionals Program at the World Bank is open from June 1 – June 30, 2019.
- Please attach the following documents (mandatory):
- Education certificates/transcripts
- PhD dissertation/Master’s thesis topic (short summary), if applicable
- Application essay
- Files should not exceed 5 MB each and should be in the following formats: .doc, .docx, or .pdf.
- Once you submit your application, you will not be able to make any changes/updates.
- Upon successful submission of your application, you will receive an email confirmation along with a YPP ID number.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2019Application ClosedOfficial link