The World Bank Group is organizing this Youth Summit with the aim to utilize youth and the most active users of Information and Communication technologies. Youngsters are playing an important role in the development and their participation is essential in expanding the reach of technology and fulfilling the transformative potential of the digital revolution.
This 2-day summit comprises of 3 elements including:
Plenary: The Summit will include dynamic high-level meeting and discussion sessions with the purpose to ignite conversation on fulfilling the opportunities of technological innovation. The session will bring forward some youth representatives and speakers from the World Bank Group, the private sector, government, academia and civil society with the objective of engaging a plurality of views on how to reap sizable technological dividends.
Workshop: Attendees will participate in workshops that delve into the Summit’s three subthemes, giving participants an opportunity to share ideas and experiences and debate how to maximize the potential of Information Communication Technologies all around the globe.
Competition: On the second day of the Summit, the live final of the Youth Summit Competition ‘Technology and Innovation for Impact’ will take place. The competition finalists will have the opportunity to pitch their ideas to the audience of attendees and an expert jury
- No admission fee to attend the event
- If you can’t attend in Washington DC, you can join the session online via World Bank Live.
- This year’s summit will provide youth with a forum to voice their concerns, share their ideas and learn from one another while discussing the challenges and opportunities created by this technological shift.
- A platform that will amass passionate and potential youth tech-lovers from all around the world in front of
- If you have an idea related to technology, Youth Summit 2017 Competition gives you the opportunity to share your idea, connect with peers and high-level experts, and explore how to bring your idea to the next level.
- Attendee should be within the age of 18-35.
Apply online through the given link.
[Note: All registration applications must be received by 11:59PM EST October 10, 2017. Applications received after October 10, 2017 will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Space is limited and priority will be given to applications submitted prior to the October 10th deadline.
Anyone who wants to submit their idea to participate in the competition must submit it within October 13, 2017.]Apply nowOfficial link