UPG Sustainability Leadership is a movement that mobilizes individuals and organizations to support positive citizen leadership on sustainability.
It is a movement that encourages and enables citizens at all levels to take positive action. A movement inspired by the UPG’s commitment to do what they can with what they have, rather than wait for someone else to act. It is a movement that embodies the notion that everyone can do something to make the world more sustainable.
The flagship activity is the #UPGSustainability Leadership training program for 500+ young adults from across the globe every year. There are also activities for schools and institutions as well as for companies.
Launched in 2019, the UPG Sustainability Leadership program has been training young leaders from all paths of life and world regions to become champions for positive citizen leadership.
In 2021, UPG certified 500+ new UPG Sustainability Leaders from over 100 countries and will provide for 60 of them a FREE, complementary, and immersive 1-week experience on an island in the USA: the Hurricane Island Center for Science and Leadership. UPG Sustainability Leadership is FREE for young people All the certified UPG Sustainability Leaders have committed to two objectives within the communities that they inhabit:
- Lead personal projects of their own choice that support at least one of the SDGs”
- Deliver training sessions to their local community
- Participation in UPG Sustainability Leadership is FREE for selected participants. All 500 participants will receive online training free of charge and all will be certified as UPG Sustainability Leaders after completion of the course.
- Participants selected for the 1-week immersive excursion will have the costs of the program covered – training material, accommodation, subsistence, local transportation, international flights (a round trip flight from participant’s home town to the US)
- Candidates must be 18-35 years of age by 1 October 2022
- Candidates must be self-motivated, capable of overcoming major challenges and able to think outside the box
- Applicants from all nationalities are eligible to apply
- Candidates from all genders and candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The evaluation is done by reviewing the following four sections of your application:
- Profile – who are you? This helps us to strive for diversity.
- Motivation – why do you want to be a UPG Sustainability Leader?
- Capability – how capable are you to do what you want to do?
- Potential for Impact – what is the potential of your early ideas?
As part of this application, it is strongly recommended that you submit a short video (maximum 2 minutes) to answer any of the questions from any section above or to tell us more about yourself.
- Apply online using the apply link.
Application Deadline: November 15, 2021 (27 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link