The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. They value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. They welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. They do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. They promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
1 March 2019.
- For British High Commission (BHC) candidates, the Local Staff BHC Terms & Conditions will apply.
- For other than BHC candidates, budgeted compensation will be BDT 91,100 per month.
- The British High Commission offers a competitive remuneration package, including salary, benefits, a leave entitlement, Health Insurance and relevant L&D opportunities.
- Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment and security checks.
- No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
- The BHC is recognised as a good employer, with a robust, fair and transparent performance management & appraisal system linked to staff bonuses. They have a 5-day working week, plus annual leave, public holidays, maternity leave provision, special leave, paid sick leave provision; ample development opportunities, travel opportunities, a good organisational culture, and excellent work/life balance.
- They treat people with respect and equality and have a policy of zero tolerance for any form of discrimination, bullying, or harassment.
- This is a good opportunity to be part of a strong, diverse team, working in the biggest network that FCO has anywhere across the globe. They are aiming to make it the best.
- Bachelors degree + two years operational management experience.
- Proven background, or clear potential, to lead, performance manage and develop staff
- Excellent communication and people-friendly interpersonal skills
- The ability to work in close partnership with internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to take personal responsibility for operational delivery and flex resources, tasks and activity according to ever-changing demands
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, accessing databases & web based applications)
- The ability to lead a small team and work under pressure to meet challenging targets
- A positive can do attitude, with attention to detail.
- Desirable qualifications, skills and experience: Operational Sylheti language.
Please note that the applications without (a), (b) and (c) will not be considered:
(a) Complete the Online Application Form
(b) Attach a detailed CV
(c) Complete the Motivation Segment in the Online Application Form
Internal candidates applying for this position need to upload their appraisal forms for the previous 2 years (if applicable) and inform their current line managers. Else, the application will not be considered.
They will accept only online applications by “8th February 2019” midnight.
- Applicants who do not have the required qualification & experience should kindly abstain from applying, as their applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and no telephone enquires will be dealt with.
- The appointment will be subject to Police Verification and other checks including references, educational and professional.
We welcome all applications irrespective of age, race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or creed. We are also open to applications from people who want to work flexibly.
Application Deadline: February 8, 2019Application ClosedOfficial link