Mission of CorpsAfrica
CorpsAfrica provides Africans the opportunity to serve as volunteers for ten months in a rural, high-poverty community to help local people find and implement solutions to poverty at the community level, along the lines of the Peace Corps model.
Basic Description of CorpsAfrica Service
CorpsAfrica Volunteers train for approximately one month and then serve for ten months in a community chosen for its perceived need, existence of local partners and essential infrastructure, location, and other criteria. The Volunteer dedicates his/her time to living and working with local people to identify an area of concern for the community, design a solution to address the concern, implement the solution with local partners, and monitor and evaluate the results. To achieve this, CorpsAfrica Volunteers receive professional training before and during their service, support from CorpsAfrica staff (both nationally and internationally), a modest living allowance, health insurance, and a readjustment allowance upon successful completion of the program. Volunteers are required to submit reports and make presentations regularly.
Volunteer opportunities are available in Senegal, Rwanda, Malawi, and Morocco.
CorpsAfrica Volunteers Receive the Following Before and During Service:
- Expert pre-service and in-service training from development and management professionals
- A modest living allowance adequate to support the Volunteer in his/her site and health insurance
- Travel funds for official CorpsAfrica business
CorpsAfrica Volunteers Will Receive the Following upon Successful Completion of Service:
- An end-of-service readjustment allowance
- Certificate of completion
- Letter of recommendation
- You must be a citizen of the country to which you are applying.
- 21 years of age or older at the time of the start of your service
- A university degree or equivalent professional experience
- No record of criminal activity that would demonstrate unsuitability for CorpsAfrica service
Eligible Regions: Senegal, Rwanda, Malawi, and Morocco
Complete the online application form.
- The deadline for Senegal, Rwanda, and Malawi applications is May 10, 2019 at 23:59
- The deadline for Morocco is May 24, 2019 at 23:59
- Training is scheduled to begin on or around August 1, 2019.
- Service is expected to last through June 30, 2020.
Application Deadline: August 1, 2019Application ClosedOfficial link