Orange Corners provide young entrepreneurs with a 6-month incubation program. At the same time, Orange Corners bridges these innovative entrepreneurs and the private sector. This offers a great benefit to all partners involved. Orange Corners is an initiative of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in collaboration with a local service provider.
The program will not only provide the foundational entrepreneurial knowledge, tools, and resources needed to transform an idea into a business but will also make available the networks and support needed for the sustainable growth of the business.
The ambition of Orange Corners is to develop and strengthen the entrepreneurship ecosystem in Nigeria. This ecosystem should enable youth to expand their business concept and become successful entrepreneurs, by providing them with the necessary opportunities, skills, and market access.
Orange Corners offers young entrepreneurs the followings:
Collective and individual workshops on the stages of the creation of social enterprises
Coaching and mentoring
Personal development week, collective workshops in soft skills, mentoring
Advisory board (strategic committee), collective
Events and networking
Professional meetings, and events organized by incubates
Accommodation and domiciliation
Access to the incubator space, reduced price for commercial domiciliation
Orange Corners supports young entrepreneurs in growing their businesses through incubation and acceleration programs. Furthermore, Orange Corners also run several programs that are focused on strengthening the entrepreneurial ecosystem, involving education, policy making, and skills building.
Orange Corners is managed by the Netherlands Enterprise Agency at the request of the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The Youth Employment and Entrepreneurial Team works closely together with the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands and local partners in each program country.
Each Orange Corners program is initiated by the local embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands. Orange Corners seeks out partnerships with stakeholders of the local startup ecosystem, such as incubators, local, Dutch, and international companies, and established knowledge institutes. Collectively, Orange Corners form a vibrant and diverse network of actors that launches various programs to support starting entrepreneurs.
- A compulsory two-day-long boot camp for all 50 semi-finalists.
- The program provides Enterprise Management Training.
- The program provides Business Incubation & Advisory Services.
- Prototype development & testing is funded by the program.
- Participation expenses in the program are fully covered by a scholarship.
- Must be an aspiring entrepreneur from Lagos, Nigeria.
- Must be between 18-35 years old.
- Must have a validated innovative business concept, not more than <2 years old.
- The product or service must respond to a local challenge in Nigeria.
- The product or service must be related to the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Applicants will have to register an account on the FATE Foundation’s application portal to make the application. (Available on the apply link.)
- After completing account registration, applicants will have to log in to the account and fill out the online application form to complete the application process.
Application Deadline: June 17, 2023Application ClosedOfficial link