UN OHRLLS (United Nations Office of the High Representative for the Least Developed Countries, Landlocked Developing Countries and Small Island Developing States) has launched #ForgeYourFuture which is a storytelling campaign aiming at collecting real-life stories, dreams, ideas and initiatives from young people in the world’s 46 Least Developed Countries. Among the young storytellers that will engage with their hashtag, 46 young people (one from each country) will be selected to go to Doha, Qatar, and take part in the 5th United Nations Conference on the Least Developed Countries (LDC5) – taking place in January 2022.
- The campaign launched on 9 November 2021 at 12:00 PM (New York time).
- The deadline for young people to engage is 22 November 2021.
- The campaign will continue to engage young people until the end of LDC5 on 27 January 2022.
The best young storytellers identified through the campaign, will be contacted by UN-OHRLLS and invited to join the LDC5 Conference in Doha, Qatar – all expenses paid.
The campaign is directed to young people from the 46 Least Developed Countries, between the ages of 18 and 29. OHRLLS will identify the best storytellers and invite them to join, all expenses paid, the LDC5 Conference in Doha.Eligible Regions: Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Kiribati, Lao People’s Dem. Republic, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tuvalu, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Yemen, Zambia
Young people are asked to tag UN-OHRLLS and the hashtag #ForgeYourFuture, engaging with the posts promoted and sharing various multimedia products (photos, videos, audio, songs, poems and poetry, memes, whatever they like to use to express themselves) telling their stories and sharing ideas.
- Entries must tell a real-life story.
- Participants must have created the entry by themselves.
- Entries can be of multiple types (such as videos, audios, music, essays, images, memes, photos, poetry etc.), use your imagination! However, all entries must follow the following specifications:
- Videos – 1080p resolution, no longer than 1 minute
- Audio/music – no longer than 1 minute
- Essays – 1000 words maximum, Arial font and 10p
- Images (photos, graphics, infographics) – in JPG or PNG format, minimum 800 x 800 pixels.
The names of the 46 winners will be published on the official page of the competition hosted on the LDC5 website by 22 December 2021.
Application Deadline: November 22, 2021Application ClosedOfficial link