IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. In FY16, their long-term investments in developing countries rose to nearly $19 billion, leveraging our capital, expertise and influence to help the private sector end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity.
To support the growth of this business, IFC is seeking an Investment Officer, to be based in London. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work globally across IFC’s countries of operation, but with a particular focus on Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 3 year term appointment.
Competitive salary offered at IFC.
- MBA or equivalent qualification;
- At least 6-10 years of experience in finance with a proven track record of sourcing, structuring and closing investments in the Oil & Gas sector;
- Strong business development and client relationship skills, and ability to focus on clients needs effectively;
- Ability to interact directly and independently with the senior management of potential clients, of financial, legal and technical partners, as well as senior government officials;
- Sound business judgment in identifying potential business partners and investment opportunities;
- Strong modeling, financial, credit and equity skills; demonstrated ability to creatively structure a variety of complex debt and equity instruments;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; fluency in other languages (Arabic, French, Portuguese, Spanish) a plus;
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds and to mentor junior staff;
- Highly motivated, committed to highest ethical standards.
Application Deadline: March 20, 2017Application ClosedOfficial link